Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 17, 2014
9:43:02 AM
dvr recorded picture freezing on remote receiver

I have a DIRECTV HD DVR HR 24-500.  I also  have several H25-500 receivers.  My question is on 1 of these H25's the DVR recorded programs have a tendency to freeze.  Not the regular programs just the recorded ones and only on this one receiver.  What should I do to try and remedy this?

OK it won't let me respond to the thread.  So I'll try it this way.

I have 4 other H25s.  I was having a different problem in that room so I had already swapped it out with another receiver.  I was having to constantly restart it.  After swapping I thought I had it fixed when it appeared that the wall plate adapter had gone bad and I ran the RG straight into the receiver.  new receiver was working great.  Then my wife tried to play a dvr recorded movie and it started freezing up.  Could my RG cable have gone bad or maybe the splitter where that cable plugs in have gone bad?

I have a DIRECTV HD DVR HR 24-500.  I also  have several H25-500 receivers.  My question is on 1 of these H25's the DVR recorded programs have a tendency to freeze.  Not the regular programs just the recorded ones and only on this one receiver.  What should I do to try and remedy this?

OK it won't let me respond to the thread.  So I'll try it this way.

I have 4 other H25s.  I was having a different problem in that room so I had already swapped it out with another receiver.  I was having to constantly restart it.  After swapping I thought I had it fixed when it appeared that the wall plate adapter had gone bad and I ran the RG straight into the receiver.  new receiver was working great.  Then my wife tried to play a dvr recorded movie and it started freezing up.  Could my RG cable have gone bad or maybe the splitter where that cable plugs in have gone bad?

dvr recorded picture freezing on remote receiver

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 10:52:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How many is "several"?

What happens if you swap the "bad" H25 with one of your good ones?

How many is "several"?

What happens if you swap the "bad" H25 with one of your good ones?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: dvr recorded picture freezing on remote receiver

2 of 6 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 8:06:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

The Directv forum wouldn't allow me to reply.  So I had to edit my original message to answer your question.  Please see original thread.  Thanks for any ideas.

Phil

The Directv forum wouldn't allow me to reply.  So I had to edit my original message to answer your question.  Please see original thread.  Thanks for any ideas.

Phil

3 of 6 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 9:29:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

In your forum profile, you need to add your first and last name, then you can post replies.  We'll only see your screenname, but you'll see your true name in your posts. 

In your forum profile, you need to add your first and last name, then you can post replies.  We'll only see your screenname, but you'll see your true name in your posts. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 9:31:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How long is the coax cable from your main DVR to the "problem" H25's location?   I'm guessing you have a defective coax connection on that branch, or perhaps it's simply too long, especially if it happens regardless of which H25 is connected there. 

How long is the coax cable from your main DVR to the "problem" H25's location?   I'm guessing you have a defective coax connection on that branch, or perhaps it's simply too long, especially if it happens regardless of which H25 is connected there. 

5 of 6 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2014 8:54:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

When my HR 24 DVR was freezing on playback, it was determined to be the hard drive and they had to replace the DVR.

When my HR 24 DVR was freezing on playback, it was determined to be the hard drive and they had to replace the DVR.

6 of 6 (19 Views)