Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Oct 8, 2013
6:37:04 PM
cannot detect swm

got a new hd44 and connected it and it can not detect swm can anyone help.

got a new hd44 and connected it and it can not detect swm can anyone help.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 8, 2013 6:38:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Need more information about what you connected the HR44 up to.  Did this replace a previous DVR/Receiver? What model?  Is the HR44's SAT INPUT connected to Single Wire Multiswitch dish setup?   Typically these Genie DVRs are not intended for self-installation.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

cannot detect swm

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 8, 2013 6:38:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Need more information about what you connected the HR44 up to.  Did this replace a previous DVR/Receiver? What model?  Is the HR44's SAT INPUT connected to Single Wire Multiswitch dish setup?   Typically these Genie DVRs are not intended for self-installation.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: cannot detect swm

2 of 10 (183 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 6:44:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

replacing a hr 22.  The old hd dvr had two coaxs the new one has one.  I am replacing all the recievers in the house.  The main one with the Hr44 and all the others once I get the main genie to work.  I replace the hr 22 and connected hr 44 got a cannot detect swm. Called direct tv they indicated I need a swm which you plug into wall.  I received that several days later and still get same message.  When I turn on the receiver it asks what language.  I choose English then the next step is where it lets me choose sat type 04 slimline 5.  but the continue is grayed out and wont let me continue.  Probably cause it cant find swm

replacing a hr 22.  The old hd dvr had two coaxs the new one has one.  I am replacing all the recievers in the house.  The main one with the Hr44 and all the others once I get the main genie to work.  I replace the hr 22 and connected hr 44 got a cannot detect swm. Called direct tv they indicated I need a swm which you plug into wall.  I received that several days later and still get same message.  When I turn on the receiver it asks what language.  I choose English then the next step is where it lets me choose sat type 04 slimline 5.  but the continue is grayed out and wont let me continue.  Probably cause it cant find swm

3 of 10 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 6:48:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Right, you don't have a SWM system.  you will need to schedule a service visit from DirecTV so that they can install your equipment

Right, you don't have a SWM system.  you will need to schedule a service visit from DirecTV so that they can install your equipment

4 of 10 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 6:49:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

What additional equipment will I need? 

What additional equipment will I need? 

5 of 10 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 6:53:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you will need a SWM LNB, power inserter, BSFs (as needed) a DECA BB adapter for internet connection, splitters (as needed)...etc

you will need a SWM LNB, power inserter, BSFs (as needed) a DECA BB adapter for internet connection, splitters (as needed)...etc

6 of 10 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 6:55:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

thanks will the service tech have all this on his truck

thanks will the service tech have all this on his truck

7 of 10 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 6:57:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yup

Yup

8 of 10 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 6:58:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

thanks again

thanks again

9 of 10 (183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 7:00:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you are welcome from both of us

you are welcome from both of us

10 of 10 (183 Views)