Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 10, 2014
5:35:52 PM
View profile
can anybody tell me what name ( tv) would work with direct remote control...or codes to use

need to hear from anybody on what code works' on a vizio tv

need to hear from anybody on what code works' on a vizio tv

can anybody tell me what name ( tv) would work with direct remote control...or codes to use

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 5:39:13 PM
(0)
Employee

What model of remote do you have? What model of receiver?

What model of remote do you have? What model of receiver?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: can anybody tell me what name ( tv) would work with direct remote control...or codes to use

2 of 8 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 5:43:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

directv remote and standard receiver...hope that answers your question

directv remote and standard receiver...hope that answers your question

Re: can anybody tell me what name ( tv) would work with direct remote control...or codes to use

3 of 8 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 5:48:59 PM
(0)
Employee

Nope, we need to know the EXACT model of both the DirecTV remote and receiver

Nope, we need to know the EXACT model of both the DirecTV remote and receiver

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 8 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 9:06:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

5 of 8 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 3:16:05 AM
(0)
Expert

Jamie,

On the remote, in the upper left corner, is a model number such as RC71.  Then, on the receiver, in the lower right corner is a small card door.  Inside that door is a model number, such as HR24.  Those are the two numbers we need.

Jamie,

On the remote, in the upper left corner, is a model number such as RC71.  Then, on the receiver, in the lower right corner is a small card door.  Inside that door is a model number, such as HR24.  Those are the two numbers we need.

6 of 8 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 6:03:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

Actually you don't need any of that. Slide the switch on the remote to TV. Hold both mute and select until the light blinks twice then press "11758"then select again and then the remote works for a vizio TV. I set these remotes up for customers everyday

Actually you don't need any of that. Slide the switch on the remote to TV. Hold both mute and select until the light blinks twice then press "11758"then select again and then the remote works for a vizio TV. I set these remotes up for customers everyday

7 of 8 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 8:57:20 AM
(0)
Employee

Of course that works assuming the OP has an RC65/66 remote, it won't work if the OP has an RC71, thus the reason to ask for the model number of the remote

Of course that works assuming the OP has an RC65/66 remote, it won't work if the OP has an RC71, thus the reason to ask for the model number of the remote

8 of 8 (104 Views)