Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 24, 2013
12:57:21 PM
View profile
Winegard mp1 carryout satellite problems

Trying to install Winegard mp1 carryout satellite. I'm at the part where it shows signal meters and signal strength. I can hear the beeping but all of the transponders are zero's and the signal strength is zero's. How long does this take to get a signal strength. Also the instructions are for a D12 receiver but I have a D10 receiver does this make a difference?

Trying to install Winegard mp1 carryout satellite. I'm at the part where it shows signal meters and signal strength. I can hear the beeping but all of the transponders are zero's and the signal strength is zero's. How long does this take to get a signal strength. Also the instructions are for a D12 receiver but I have a D10 receiver does this make a difference?

Winegard mp1 carryout satellite problems

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 3:15:32 PM
(0)
Expert

Do you by chance have the Model SK-SWM3 SWM TRAV'LER?  If so, that is a SWM model and will not work with a D10 receiver. 

DIRECTV Receivers for the RV, Tailgating, Camping

Do you by chance have the Model SK-SWM3 SWM TRAV'LER?  If so, that is a SWM model and will not work with a D10 receiver. 

DIRECTV Receivers for the RV, Tailgating, Camping

Re: Winegard mp1 carryout satellite problems

2 of 8 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 4:00:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Make sure the dish is set for DirecTV by using the built in switches.  also make sure you have line of sight

Make sure the dish is set for DirecTV by using the built in switches.  also make sure you have line of sight

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 7:43:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

No. I have a GM-MP1 winegard carryout.

No. I have a GM-MP1 winegard carryout.

4 of 8 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 7:45:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi, Not sure what you mean. I have an account with Directv but not sure about the built in switches. This is for an GM-MP1 carryout.

Hi, Not sure what you mean. I have an account with Directv but not sure about the built in switches. This is for an GM-MP1 carryout.

5 of 8 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 7:55:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
checnk your dish manual online and make sure that it is set for DirecTV 
checnk your dish manual online and make sure that it is set for DirecTV 
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2016 1:01:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have a carryout anser and it has no switches. When I ordered it they said to specify whether its for DISH or DIRECTV. I ordered the DIRECTV version.

I have a carryout anser and it has no switches. When I ordered it they said to specify whether its for DISH or DIRECTV. I ordered the DIRECTV version.

7 of 8 (306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2016 1:08:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Are you following these  instructions exactly?  You still need to aim this dish because it doesn't aim itself ....

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/uploads/gm-mp1-quick-start.pdf

Are you following these  instructions exactly?  You still need to aim this dish because it doesn't aim itself ....

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/uploads/gm-mp1-quick-start.pdf

8 of 8 (302 Views)