Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Apr 11, 2014
9:55:42 PM
Why is a scheduled series is not recording as programmed?

The Good Wife did not record as programmed last week on either receiver (I have 2).  It's set to record, there's plenty of space and it's prioritized #1.  The last time this happened it recorded on one receiver and not the other, same show.  What's the solution?

The Good Wife did not record as programmed last week on either receiver (I have 2).  It's set to record, there's plenty of space and it's prioritized #1.  The last time this happened it recorded on one receiver and not the other, same show.  What's the solution?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 12, 2014 5:01:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

There was no new episode last week. That means that even if the recording options are set to "new and repeats", if the episode was a "duplicate", defined as one that has been recorded in the last 30 days (even if it has been deleted from the disk) it won't record through a series link. Duplicates can only be recorded if you set the episode up individually.

That can also cause a repeat episode to be recorded on one DVR and not another, if the recording history on the two DVRs is different, although it's rare for this to happen.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Why is a scheduled series is not recording as programmed?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 11:11:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Check the DVR's "Recording History". What does it say about that scheduled recording?

Check the DVR's "Recording History". What does it say about that scheduled recording?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why is a scheduled series is not recording as programmed?

2 of 5 (20 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 12, 2014 5:01:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

There was no new episode last week. That means that even if the recording options are set to "new and repeats", if the episode was a "duplicate", defined as one that has been recorded in the last 30 days (even if it has been deleted from the disk) it won't record through a series link. Duplicates can only be recorded if you set the episode up individually.

That can also cause a repeat episode to be recorded on one DVR and not another, if the recording history on the two DVRs is different, although it's rare for this to happen.

3 of 5 (20 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2014 6:59:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

I could have sworn I saw GW on the Sunday schedule, but didn't know a way to check after the fact.  Good thing you're a fan, Brit.  Thank you very much.

I could have sworn I saw GW on the Sunday schedule, but didn't know a way to check after the fact.  Good thing you're a fan, Brit.  Thank you very much.

4 of 5 (20 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2014 7:00:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you, litzdog911.

Thank you, litzdog911.

5 of 5 (20 Views)