Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jul 6, 2014
7:05:22 PM
View profile
Why does my interrupted playback start back at the beginning?

If I watch, for example, half of a DVR show then use the tuner to go back to live show, then hit <Prev> to return to the DVR

playback it's all the way at the beginning.  Gads that's infuriating, though obviously not as bad as deleting like they

were doing recently.  Is there way to just go back several software versions to when things worked so much better?

Seems like it's been outsourced to children somewhere.

If I watch, for example, half of a DVR show then use the tuner to go back to live show, then hit <Prev> to return to the DVR

playback it's all the way at the beginning.  Gads that's infuriating, though obviously not as bad as deleting like they

were doing recently.  Is there way to just go back several software versions to when things worked so much better?

Seems like it's been outsourced to children somewhere.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 8, 2014 4:15:26 AM
(0)
Expert

I would do a red button (inside card door) reset of the DVR. 

Accepted Solution

Why does my interrupted playback start back at the beginning?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2014 7:26:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

not sure how you are going back and forth or what you are doing, but it looks like you are engaging the new Start Over feature

not sure how you are going back and forth or what you are doing, but it looks like you are engaging the new Start Over feature

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why does my interrupted playback start back at the beginning?

2 of 7 (55 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2014 11:39:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

then hit <Prev> to return to the DVR playback

That's not how to do it.  You'll want to select the recording you were watching from the Playlist and select "Resume Playback", then it should pick up where you left off.

then hit <Prev> to return to the DVR playback

That's not how to do it.  You'll want to select the recording you were watching from the Playlist and select "Resume Playback", then it should pick up where you left off.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (55 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 2:21:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well the Prev actually worked before in resuming a DVR program.  You could alternate between a live

show and a DVR show with the Prev button.  So that would be a regression.  But in this case, you can

go back and use your DVR list and hit resume and it's the same result.  *Almost* to the beginning again

(I should've said this before).  It's actually going to about 5 minutes to the start.

Well the Prev actually worked before in resuming a DVR program.  You could alternate between a live

show and a DVR show with the Prev button.  So that would be a regression.  But in this case, you can

go back and use your DVR list and hit resume and it's the same result.  *Almost* to the beginning again

(I should've said this before).  It's actually going to about 5 minutes to the start.

4 of 7 (55 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 8, 2014 4:15:26 AM
(0)
Expert

5 of 7 (55 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2014 6:11:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

Duh, reset, i should've have thought of that.  Thanks!

Duh, reset, i should've have thought of that.  Thanks!

6 of 7 (55 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2014 6:26:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

This bug comes back regularly, though.  So I've started rebooting the box whenever convenient.

This bug comes back regularly, though.  So I've started rebooting the box whenever convenient.

7 of 7 (55 Views)