Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Sep 24, 2013
10:02:22 PM
View profile
Why are some shows recording twice on my HD DVRs?

We only have shows set to record on one DVR or the other but they record in tandem sometimes and we cannot figure out why.

We only have shows set to record on one DVR or the other but they record in tandem sometimes and we cannot figure out why.

Why are some shows recording twice on my HD DVRs?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 10:17:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Are your DVRs networked using Whole Home DVR sharing?

Are you sure that the show is not set to record on both DVRs?

Are your DVRs networked using Whole Home DVR sharing?

Are you sure that the show is not set to record on both DVRs?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why are some shows recording twice on my HD DVRs?

2 of 5 (62 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:51:22 AM
(0)
Expert

You do understand that if you have the Whole Home DVR service each program recorded by either of the HD DVR's will show up in both DVR's playlist?

You do understand that if you have the Whole Home DVR service each program recorded by either of the HD DVR's will show up in both DVR's playlist?

3 of 5 (62 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:27:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

the weird thing is that the shows are programmed to record only from one DVR.  I do have Whole Home.

the weird thing is that the shows are programmed to record only from one DVR.  I do have Whole Home.

4 of 5 (62 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:30:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
As a test go to each DVR and press LIST -> YELLOW -> FILTER PLAYLIST -> LOCAL.  Does the plsylist still shows on both DVRs
As a test go to each DVR and press LIST -> YELLOW -> FILTER PLAYLIST -> LOCAL.  Does the plsylist still shows on both DVRs
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (62 Views)