Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Jul 26, 2013
5:07:04 AM
View profile
Why are half my menus in Spanish (when I have language set to English)?

We just had our DirecTV installed yesterday, and the installer was even confused...he said he'd seen it recently but had no solution.

When I go to Menu, I get nice English options (Info & Test, Display, Audio, etc.) and then the 2nd tier menus are in English as well (e.g. Display>[Preferences, Video, TV Ratio, etc.]) but if I select a 2nd tier item, I get a 3rd tier in Spanish (except for Preferences for some reason, but I wanted to alter the TV Ratio and Resolutions...both are in Spanish) and the 2nd tier on the side turns into Spanish until I go back 1 tier.

I have my language set to English, and even tried switching it to Spanish and back. I have just a receiver in my room (C41-100) but I'd think that language settings are independent from the main box. I have unplugged and turned off and on and all that. No changes.

Any ideas? I'm not terrible with Spanish, but I'm also seeing some of my error messages in Spanish and I'd like to know what's actually wrong without having to do a translation online...:smileyconfused:

We just had our DirecTV installed yesterday, and the installer was even confused...he said he'd seen it recently but had no solution.

When I go to Menu, I get nice English options (Info & Test, Display, Audio, etc.) and then the 2nd tier menus are in English as well (e.g. Display>[Preferences, Video, TV Ratio, etc.]) but if I select a 2nd tier item, I get a 3rd tier in Spanish (except for Preferences for some reason, but I wanted to alter the TV Ratio and Resolutions...both are in Spanish) and the 2nd tier on the side turns into Spanish until I go back 1 tier.

I have my language set to English, and even tried switching it to Spanish and back. I have just a receiver in my room (C41-100) but I'd think that language settings are independent from the main box. I have unplugged and turned off and on and all that. No changes.

Any ideas? I'm not terrible with Spanish, but I'm also seeing some of my error messages in Spanish and I'd like to know what's actually wrong without having to do a translation online...:smileyconfused:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 15, 2013 12:50:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Turns out that we got some weird receivers and just replacing them fixed it. Maybe the installer got them off the back of a truck... :smileylaugh:

Accepted Solution

Why are half my menus in Spanish (when I have language set to English)?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 6:18:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why are half my menus in Spanish (when I have language set to English)?

2 of 4 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 15, 2013 12:50:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Turns out that we got some weird receivers and just replacing them fixed it. Maybe the installer got them off the back of a truck... :smileylaugh:

3 of 4 (6 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 8:01:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

Working Solution is here:

Working Solution is here:

4 of 4 (6 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments