Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Nov 21, 2013
8:25:35 PM
View profile
When replaying recorded shows, the show occasionally pixelates horribly and is unwatchable. This seems to only happen on shows recorded on NBC, specifically Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

When replaying recorded shows, the show occasionally pixelates horribly and is unwatchable. This seems to only happen on shows recorded on NBC, specifically Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 11:09:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do a search here for "NBC pixelation", and you'll find a lengthy thread about this problem in a few cities.  It's a problem between the local station's feed and DirecTV's equipment that affects a few HR34 Genie DVRs (is that what you have?).  Supposedly DirecTV is aware of the issue and working with those stations on a fix.  But it's taking a long time.  Some folks have "fixed" it by getting DirecTV to replace their HR34s with an HR44 Genie DVR.

Do a search here for "NBC pixelation", and you'll find a lengthy thread about this problem in a few cities.  It's a problem between the local station's feed and DirecTV's equipment that affects a few HR34 Genie DVRs (is that what you have?).  Supposedly DirecTV is aware of the issue and working with those stations on a fix.  But it's taking a long time.  Some folks have "fixed" it by getting DirecTV to replace their HR34s with an HR44 Genie DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: When replaying recorded shows, the show occasionally pixelates horribly and is unwatchable. This seems to only happen on shows recorded on NBC, specifically Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon.

2 of 3 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 7:06:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Re: When replaying recorded shows, the show occasionally pixelates horribly and is unwatchable.  This seems to only happen on shows recorded on NBC, specifically Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon.

3 of 3 (6 Views)