Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2013
11:46:40 PM
View profile
What satellite and which transponder does Cincinnati locals come from?

I am only getting two local channels. Channel 25 and 64 I want to check signal strength of satellite transponders that they are broadcast from. What satellite transponders does Cincinnati locals come from?

I am only getting two local channels. Channel 25 and 64 I want to check signal strength of satellite transponders that they are broadcast from. What satellite transponders does Cincinnati locals come from?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 7, 2013 7:30:35 AM
(0)
Teacher

You were right, after a month of spending hours on phone, Direct has agreed to replace receiver if I signed up for a leased receiver with a two year contract.

I was able to upgrade software to latest version and that fixed my daylight savings time problem and all locals except 5,9,12 came in. Never could get that problem fixed. 

Accepted Solution

What satellite and which transponder does Cincinnati locals come from?

29 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(29)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 12:00:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

Using zip code 45201, your locals are coming off of a 101 degree satellite.

Using zip code 45201, your locals are coming off of a 101 degree satellite.

Re: What satellite and which transponder does Cincinnati locals come from?

2 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 12:11:03 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.

3 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 4:44:17 AM
(0)
Employee

Do you have HD service?

Do you have HD service?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 5:11:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

What do you mean by "only getting"? What happens if you tune to the others? Are you actually located in Cincinnati, or are you somewhere else trying to get the locals?

The SD locals come from TP12 on 101.

What do you mean by "only getting"? What happens if you tune to the others? Are you actually located in Cincinnati, or are you somewhere else trying to get the locals?

The SD locals come from TP12 on 101.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 6:01:42 AM
(0)
Teacher

Yes,for my HD DVR"S get locals find. They are a SLM Dish.

Yes,for my HD DVR"S get locals find. They are a SLM Dish.

6 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 6:03:46 AM
(0)
Teacher

I get the banner only on the other channels. Black screen when banner goes off. Channel 25 and 64 work good.

I get the banner only on the other channels. Black screen when banner goes off. Channel 25 and 64 work good.

7 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 8:29:57 AM
(0)
Expert

Are you sure you don't have some setting off?  Possibly have the guide set on that receiver to "Hide HD Channels"?

Are you sure you don't have some setting off?  Possibly have the guide set on that receiver to "Hide HD Channels"?

8 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 11:11:24 AM
(0)
Teacher

The guide works good, I get a black screen on all channels except 25 and 64.

The guide works good, I get a black screen on all channels except 25 and 64.

9 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 11:18:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have you tried resetting your Receiver/DVR?

What model Receiver/DVR do you have?

Have you tried resetting your Receiver/DVR?

What model Receiver/DVR do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 3:40:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes I have reset the R10 reciever.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM, litzdog911 <directv-admin@forums.directv.com

Yes I have reset the R10 reciever.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM, litzdog911 <directv-admin@forums.directv.com

11 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 4:13:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

Here is what I got for signal strength 101 TP 12 Sat 1 in 96  Sat 2  in 95

Checking  for Sat it said OK for 101a,110c,119b

Anyone got another thing to try?

Here is what I got for signal strength 101 TP 12 Sat 1 in 96  Sat 2  in 95

Checking  for Sat it said OK for 101a,110c,119b

Anyone got another thing to try?

12 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 4:21:20 PM
(0)
Employee

So you have an old TiVo.  What is the software version of that TiVO?

So you have an old TiVo.  What is the software version of that TiVO?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 4:40:09 PM
(0)
Teacher

What is the software version of that TiVO?    6.1-01-2-521

What is the software version of that TiVO?    6.1-01-2-521

14 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 5:17:41 PM
(0)
Employee

A while ago (about a little more than a year) DirecTV changed something on the guide data that affected the TiVOs.  the fix was to get version 6.4a.  now the question is if that software is on the stream to download. I let the other shine on that,  but until you get 6.4a, you will not get local channels.

A while ago (about a little more than a year) DirecTV changed something on the guide data that affected the TiVOs.  the fix was to get version 6.4a.  now the question is if that software is on the stream to download. I let the other shine on that,  but until you get 6.4a, you will not get local channels.

15 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 5:33:59 PM
(0)
Teacher

Anyone else have this problem?  Anyone know how I get 6.4a.  I have twice call tech service and run thru their reset and told get it a day and it might come in but doesn't. Receiver shows it was update but nothing changes.

Anyone else have this problem?  Anyone know how I get 6.4a.  I have twice call tech service and run thru their reset and told get it a day and it might come in but doesn't. Receiver shows it was update but nothing changes.

16 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 6:26:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

There might be no way of you getting 6.4a, this update was years ago. Suggest you post over at the TiVo community forums to see if anyone has managed to do this recently.

There might be no way of you getting 6.4a, this update was years ago. Suggest you post over at the TiVo community forums to see if anyone has managed to do this recently.

17 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 11:34:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have spent a lot of time trying to find the Tivo forum on here and can't. Can you tell me how to get there?

I have spent a lot of time trying to find the Tivo forum on here and can't. Can you tell me how to get there?

18 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 11:36:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

19 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 3:05:07 AM
(0)
Expert

I would guess that this problem has been wit you for quite some time.  When this came up about the year ago, there was a big problem getting Tivo to put the software update in the stream.  If you aren't able to get the update you might consider talking to Directv about getting a current model Directv receiver.

I would guess that this problem has been wit you for quite some time.  When this came up about the year ago, there was a big problem getting Tivo to put the software update in the stream.  If you aren't able to get the update you might consider talking to Directv about getting a current model Directv receiver.

20 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 7:59:42 AM
(0)
Teacher

I have talked to them and they want $200 for a HD DVR which is what I would replace it with. Makes no different that I have paid them over $14,000 for service over the years.

I have talked to them and they want $200 for a HD DVR which is what I would replace it with. Makes no different that I have paid them over $14,000 for service over the years.

21 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:01:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You might try calling again to see if you get a more "friendly" rep that will provide a better deal.

You might try calling again to see if you get a more "friendly" rep that will provide a better deal.

22 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:09:05 AM
(0)
Expert

Rather than approach Directv with the idea of replacing the Tivo, have you tried the idea of a malfunctioning box that they can't fix so they need to send your another?  Of course if you want to upgrade to a HD DVR then that is likely outside the service aspect.

Rather than approach Directv with the idea of replacing the Tivo, have you tried the idea of a malfunctioning box that they can't fix so they need to send your another?  Of course if you want to upgrade to a HD DVR then that is likely outside the service aspect.

23 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:19:00 AM
(0)
Teacher

They say since I don't have their service contract they can not replace. I would take a free non HD reciever but don't want to pay $100 for a out dated receiver.

They say since I don't have their service contract they can not replace. I would take a free non HD reciever but don't want to pay $100 for a out dated receiver.

24 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:30:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

They should replace your old Tivo with a standard definition DVR for only the price of shipping (~$20).   Moving to an HD DVR will cost more because that's considered an "upgrade".  And you'll need a new satellite dish, too, if you don't already have Slimline HD dish.

They should replace your old Tivo with a standard definition DVR for only the price of shipping (~$20).   Moving to an HD DVR will cost more because that's considered an "upgrade".  And you'll need a new satellite dish, too, if you don't already have Slimline HD dish.

25 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:41:25 AM
(0)
Teacher

I have three HD DVR all on a single wire system that works find. This receiver works good for grand kids. I would be happy with $20 shipping, they have not offered that option.The room this is in works good for Bengal games.

I have three HD DVR all on a single wire system that works find. This receiver works good for grand kids. I would be happy with $20 shipping, they have not offered that option.The room this is in works good for Bengal games.

26 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:44:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I would be happy with $20 shipping, they have not offered that option.

Have you specifically requested that for an SD DVR?

I would be happy with $20 shipping, they have not offered that option.

Have you specifically requested that for an SD DVR?

27 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:51:40 AM
(0)
Teacher

No I believed them when they said I had to have their service contract to get replacements.

No I believed them when they said I had to have their service contract to get replacements.

28 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:55:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Don't believe that.  The support have leeway, especially for long term customers. 

Don't believe that.  The support have leeway, especially for long term customers. 

29 of 30 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 7, 2013 7:30:35 AM
(0)
Teacher

You were right, after a month of spending hours on phone, Direct has agreed to replace receiver if I signed up for a leased receiver with a two year contract.

I was able to upgrade software to latest version and that fixed my daylight savings time problem and all locals except 5,9,12 came in. Never could get that problem fixed. 

30 of 30 (397 Views)
Solution