Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 10, 2014
11:07:55 AM
View profile
What dish do i need to get local channels

I have a motorhome with a older windgard satalitte on it, but i can not get Sat. 99, I want to be able to watch lacal channels. What dish do I need to get 99? I dont mind setting a dish on a tripod but need to no what dish I need. Also I have Hd dvr I use in my Motorhome.

I have a motorhome with a older windgard satalitte on it, but i can not get Sat. 99, I want to be able to watch lacal channels. What dish do I need to get 99? I dont mind setting a dish on a tripod but need to no what dish I need. Also I have Hd dvr I use in my Motorhome.

What dish do i need to get local channels

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 12:13:30 PM
(0)
Professor

Local channels are on spot beams aimed at the city they serve and the receiver is programed to receive these programs based on the service address and once you are outside the beam the channels stop working.

There is a RV account that will get you the major networks (DNS) or you can get an OTA antenna and an AM21 OTA tuner to connect to most DTV receivers but it uses a DTV data base that doesn't have all the sub channels and may not have all the regular channels. 

Local channels are on spot beams aimed at the city they serve and the receiver is programed to receive these programs based on the service address and once you are outside the beam the channels stop working.

There is a RV account that will get you the major networks (DNS) or you can get an OTA antenna and an AM21 OTA tuner to connect to most DTV receivers but it uses a DTV data base that doesn't have all the sub channels and may not have all the regular channels. 

Re: What dish do i need to get local channels

2 of 7 (9 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 12:25:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

locals are based of your home service address and are delivered via spot beams which only covers the targeted market.  Wander too far away and you can't get LiL.  If you are in one place all the time that is within your market, please provide zip code

locals are based of your home service address and are delivered via spot beams which only covers the targeted market.  Wander too far away and you can't get LiL.  If you are in one place all the time that is within your market, please provide zip code

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (9 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 1:59:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

Your not understanding what Im saying, even parked at my house I cant get Sat 99 which is were my local channels are. Need another dish that will pick up 99. What dish will work, with out swm?

Your not understanding what Im saying, even parked at my house I cant get Sat 99 which is were my local channels are. Need another dish that will pick up 99. What dish will work, with out swm?

4 of 7 (9 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 2:01:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

5 of 7 (9 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 3:10:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

your need an Slimline dish with an SL3 LNB

your need an Slimline dish with an SL3 LNB

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (9 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 5:51:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

cogoeads - I think someone is feeding you incorrect info.

If you are in the Waco DMA your SD locals are on the 101 satellite. Your HD locals are on 103, not on 99.

Please confirm you are looking for the Waco locals, and is that for SD or HD?

cogoeads - I think someone is feeding you incorrect info.

If you are in the Waco DMA your SD locals are on the 101 satellite. Your HD locals are on 103, not on 99.

Please confirm you are looking for the Waco locals, and is that for SD or HD?

7 of 7 (9 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments