Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jul 11, 2014
11:32:30 PM
View profile
Troubleshoot Error message

I have an Error message saying "Correct HD Dish setup. 99 B-Band Odd." I reset the receiver both ways. How do I address this? Both discussions that I found about this were locked. Strange!

I have an Error message saying "Correct HD Dish setup. 99 B-Band Odd." I reset the receiver both ways. How do I address this? Both discussions that I found about this were locked. Strange!

Troubleshoot Error message

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2014 4:53:48 AM
(0)
Guru

Sounds like a bad b band converter

Its the filter right behind the receiver

That the coax is attached to

Try swapping one from another receiver I'd available

Sounds like a bad b band converter

Its the filter right behind the receiver

That the coax is attached to

Try swapping one from another receiver I'd available

Re: Troubleshoot Error message

2 of 9 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2014 5:05:02 AM
(0)
Guru

The only other reason I could gather is

You are on the the satellite test channel

The only other reason I could gather is

You are on the the satellite test channel

3 of 9 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2014 5:46:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

That message is what is broadcast on one of the satellite test channels, either 9506 or 9507.  Do you see the same message when you change channels?

That message is what is broadcast on one of the satellite test channels, either 9506 or 9507.  Do you see the same message when you change channels?

4 of 9 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2014 7:31:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

As everyone have mentioned, that on-screen message is from the test channel. Try changing channels if you can and see if a new error message shows up.

As everyone have mentioned, that on-screen message is from the test channel. Try changing channels if you can and see if a new error message shows up.

5 of 9 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2014 8:12:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try this, enter 202 on your remote control

Try this, enter 202 on your remote control

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 4:53:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you all. I discovered that I was indeed on a Test channel, and merely had to switch channels. I have no idea how it happened. I was on the channel when I turned on my television.

Thank you all. I discovered that I was indeed on a Test channel, and merely had to switch channels. I have no idea how it happened. I was on the channel when I turned on my television.

7 of 9 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 10:20:11 AM
(0)
Expert

To other readers of this thread.  The message "Correct HD Dish setup. 99 B-Band Odd." Is not an error message but rather a confirmation from the test channel that the 99b odd numbered transponders are working correctly.

To other readers of this thread.  The message "Correct HD Dish setup. 99 B-Band Odd." Is not an error message but rather a confirmation from the test channel that the 99b odd numbered transponders are working correctly.

8 of 9 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 3:27:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

LOL ...  most people would assume that "correct" is a verb but, in this case, it's an adjective.   

LOL ...  most people would assume that "correct" is a verb but, in this case, it's an adjective.   

9 of 9 (1 View)