Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 3, 2014
10:05:02 AM
Stop watching a recorded show but keep it?

On my new Genie DVR, how do you stop watching a show, but keep it? I asked a question and am able to get back to the "list" page while watching a show, but how can I get back to live TV without deleting the show I was watching.

This Genie is great in some ways but pretty not user friendly in others.

Thanks in advance!!

Mary

On my new Genie DVR, how do you stop watching a show, but keep it? I asked a question and am able to get back to the "list" page while watching a show, but how can I get back to live TV without deleting the show I was watching.

This Genie is great in some ways but pretty not user friendly in others.

Thanks in advance!!

Mary

Stop watching a recorded show but keep it?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 10:13:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Press the remote's "back arrow" key to get back into the menu.  Then select whatever you want to do.   Or press "List" to bring up the playlist and select a different show to watch.

Press the remote's "back arrow" key to get back into the menu.  Then select whatever you want to do.   Or press "List" to bring up the playlist and select a different show to watch.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Stop watching a recorded show but keep it?

2 of 10 (58 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 10:29:29 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the quick response, but that doesn't work either.

I hit "back" and get into the "list" menu but hitting exit, just puts me back on the taped show I was watching. And there is no "stop & keep" option. I have the same problem on shows where I tape an extra 5 minutes, lets say to make sure I get all the show. But in order to stop it I have to fast forward to the end of the show to get the option to delete or keep. I should be able to just hit "stop" but they conveniently took that button away!!

Thanks for the quick response, but that doesn't work either.

I hit "back" and get into the "list" menu but hitting exit, just puts me back on the taped show I was watching. And there is no "stop & keep" option. I have the same problem on shows where I tape an extra 5 minutes, lets say to make sure I get all the show. But in order to stop it I have to fast forward to the end of the show to get the option to delete or keep. I should be able to just hit "stop" but they conveniently took that button away!!

3 of 10 (58 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 10:45:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That's why I don't use an RC71 remote with my Genie DVR Smiley Happy

I know there's a way to do it with the RC71.  What happens if you press Menu to get into the main menu instead of the List?

That's why I don't use an RC71 remote with my Genie DVR Smiley Happy

I know there's a way to do it with the RC71.  What happens if you press Menu to get into the main menu instead of the List?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (58 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 10:57:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Press EXIT.  this will take you to live TV without deleting the show

Press EXIT.  this will take you to live TV without deleting the show

5 of 10 (58 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 12:48:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks peds48!  I forgot about "Exit"!

Thanks peds48!  I forgot about "Exit"!

6 of 10 (58 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 12:54:47 PM
(0)
Expert

I don't have an RC71 to play with, but it would seem the pressing "Info" then "Select" for more info would take you to the screen with all the options.

I don't have an RC71 to play with, but it would seem the pressing "Info" then "Select" for more info would take you to the screen with all the options.

7 of 10 (58 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 3:54:49 AM
(0)
Teacher

I'll try that again. But I'm pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work either. Maybe it doesn't work from the list menu while the program is playing. But maybe when I am just on the program alone it will. If not. I will just use my old remote!!

Thanks though!

Mary

I'll try that again. But I'm pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work either. Maybe it doesn't work from the list menu while the program is playing. But maybe when I am just on the program alone it will. If not. I will just use my old remote!!

Thanks though!

Mary

8 of 10 (58 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 4:16:20 AM
(0)
Guru

Yes like peds stated while the program is playing press exit

It will work fine

Yes like peds stated while the program is playing press exit

It will work fine

9 of 10 (58 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 2:11:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I will just use my old remote!!

That's what I did.  I don't like the RC71 remote.

I will just use my old remote!!

That's what I did.  I don't like the RC71 remote.

10 of 10 (58 Views)