Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2013
4:34:58 AM
Static on 1 channel

For the past year or so there has been static on every episode we record on NBC but only on our bedroom DVR. I've done the reset online and it never helps. What can be done to fix this bc it really ruins every show?

For the past year or so there has been static on every episode we record on NBC but only on our bedroom DVR. I've done the reset online and it never helps. What can be done to fix this bc it really ruins every show?

Static on 1 channel

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 10:57:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model DVR?

What do you mean by 'static'?

What model DVR?

What do you mean by 'static'?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Static on 1 channel

2 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 10:12:00 AM
(0)
Tutor

The model dvr is HR21-200 and I will attach a video of what I mean by static. It happens the whole show but only on certain channels we record from.

Sent from my iPhone

The model dvr is HR21-200 and I will attach a video of what I mean by static. It happens the whole show but only on certain channels we record from.

Sent from my iPhone

3 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 10:21:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Looking forward to seeing the video. 

Looking forward to seeing the video. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 10:28:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

I attached the video in the email but it didn't show up here- any idea how to make that happen

I attached the video in the email but it didn't show up here- any idea how to make that happen

5 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 10:33:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

when you reply to this post, there's a button above the text entry box where you can "attach video".  See if that works.  If not, post it to YouTube and give us the link.

when you reply to this post, there's a button above the text entry box where you can "attach video".  See if that works.  If not, post it to YouTube and give us the link.

6 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 2:51:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Problems with DVR - YouTube

Heres the video. It was recorded with my phone so it's not great but you'll see how the screen gets covered with little pixels of color throughout the video.

Problems with DVR - YouTube

Heres the video. It was recorded with my phone so it's not great but you'll see how the screen gets covered with little pixels of color throughout the video.

7 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 3:08:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

TIP.  Next time hold the iPhone SIDEWAYS!

this looks like you have a bad LNB

TIP.  Next time hold the iPhone SIDEWAYS!

this looks like you have a bad LNB

8 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 3:19:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

whats LNB?

whats LNB?

9 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 3:22:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The device in front of your dish

The device in front of your dish

10 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 4:29:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's just happening on your NBC station?  I think it's this problem ....

It's just happening on your NBC station?  I think it's this problem ....

11 of 12 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 7:07:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

It's the local channels (nbc,abc etc) seems like I'm not only but also shouldn't expect it to get better

It's the local channels (nbc,abc etc) seems like I'm not only but also shouldn't expect it to get better

12 of 12 (19 Views)