Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 17, 2014
9:52:12 AM
View profile
Select a Server

Literally have had Directv for two days and already a problem.  Not a fan so far.

On my living room TV which has the little Genie box, I am getting "select a server".  My bigger Genie box (no idea what to call them each) is working fine.  I have searched all over the internet and reset the red buttons on both, reset my modem and router, unplugged it, still not working.  I dread having to calling in on my second day!  Any other suggestions?

Literally have had Directv for two days and already a problem.  Not a fan so far.

On my living room TV which has the little Genie box, I am getting "select a server".  My bigger Genie box (no idea what to call them each) is working fine.  I have searched all over the internet and reset the red buttons on both, reset my modem and router, unplugged it, still not working.  I dread having to calling in on my second day!  Any other suggestions?

Select a Server

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 10:44:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Usually resetting both the Genie server and client box will solve this.   When you the "select a server" message, is there anything on the screen that you can actually select?  If not, then the installer did something wrong and you should call DirecTV to send a tech back to fix this for you.  No charge.

Usually resetting both the Genie server and client box will solve this.   When you the "select a server" message, is there anything on the screen that you can actually select?  If not, then the installer did something wrong and you should call DirecTV to send a tech back to fix this for you.  No charge.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Select a Server

2 of 3 (86 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2014 6:34:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

If resetting doesn't fix it then call directv back. Seems like you have a bad genie server. The faster you do this the better usually. I had the same issue when my Genie was installed. I got another HR44 and it has been virtually perfect since.

If resetting doesn't fix it then call directv back. Seems like you have a bad genie server. The faster you do this the better usually. I had the same issue when my Genie was installed. I got another HR44 and it has been virtually perfect since.

Re: Select a Server

3 of 3 (86 Views)