Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Jul 7, 2014
3:24:06 PM
View profile
Remote to Genie

My Genie functions fine,About a week or so ago,when using remote to open up guide or playlist--it froze.

I couldnot escape out, change channel, play, delete, etc.

Reception is excellent. Also, about same time, my car alarm started going off randomly several times a day

for about 15 or more seconds and stops.  I checked battery on key fob, it was good, but fob lost programming.

I changed remote to genie --brand new and new batteries, couple days later program list frozen, had to wait minutes

to exit. Then my cell phone wouldn't ring in my apt.  Didn't work for about 3 hours.

What would cause the genie to freeze, my car alarm to go off & fob not work, and then cell phone to not function?

My Genie functions fine,About a week or so ago,when using remote to open up guide or playlist--it froze.

I couldnot escape out, change channel, play, delete, etc.

Reception is excellent. Also, about same time, my car alarm started going off randomly several times a day

for about 15 or more seconds and stops.  I checked battery on key fob, it was good, but fob lost programming.

I changed remote to genie --brand new and new batteries, couple days later program list frozen, had to wait minutes

to exit. Then my cell phone wouldn't ring in my apt.  Didn't work for about 3 hours.

What would cause the genie to freeze, my car alarm to go off & fob not work, and then cell phone to not function?

Remote to Genie

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 4:15:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ghosts, perhaps

Ghosts, perhaps

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Remote to Genie

2 of 7 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 3:44:11 AM
(0)
Expert

If not ghosts, then possibly Gremlins?

If not ghosts, then possibly Gremlins?

3 of 7 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 1:47:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

Signal jamming done by someone somewhere? A vampire?

Signal jamming done by someone somewhere? A vampire?

4 of 7 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 1:51:40 PM
(0)
Scholar

Rogue comet passed close to Earth.

Rogue comet passed close to Earth.

5 of 7 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 5:07:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sunspots.

Sunspots.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 5:13:08 PM
(0)
Guru

Aliens

Aliens

7 of 7 (5 Views)