Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 27, 2014
4:05:35 PM
View profile
Recording searched-for programs

If I search for a program that will air sometime in the next two weeks or so, no problem.  But if I search for one that is going to air in, say, a month, it won't actually record.  In the first case, the recorder knows the channel as well as the network.  In the second case, the recorder knows the network, but not the channel.

I noticed this today when I happened to see a commercial for "Manhattan" starting tonight.  I had heard about it a while back, searched for it, and set it to record... but the series manager showed no upcoming airings.  I had to search again and add another recording.

How do I get the recorder to actually record what I want, and not just leave a vague reminder for me to maybe notice if I happen to scroll through the Series Manager, hopefully before I miss the pilot?

If I search for a program that will air sometime in the next two weeks or so, no problem.  But if I search for one that is going to air in, say, a month, it won't actually record.  In the first case, the recorder knows the channel as well as the network.  In the second case, the recorder knows the network, but not the channel.

I noticed this today when I happened to see a commercial for "Manhattan" starting tonight.  I had heard about it a while back, searched for it, and set it to record... but the series manager showed no upcoming airings.  I had to search again and add another recording.

How do I get the recorder to actually record what I want, and not just leave a vague reminder for me to maybe notice if I happen to scroll through the Series Manager, hopefully before I miss the pilot?

Recording searched-for programs

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 5:09:21 PM
(0)
Employee

a fail proof plan is to set the show to record not mote than two weeks in advanced when the show is actually in the DVRs guide data base

a fail proof plan is to set the show to record not mote than two weeks in advanced when the show is actually in the DVRs guide data base

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Recording searched-for programs

2 of 3 (43 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 6:16:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you had just let the DVR do its job, odds are the episode would have recorded anyway....

If you had just let the DVR do its job, odds are the episode would have recorded anyway....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Recording searched-for programs

3 of 3 (43 Views)