Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 17, 2014
10:52:40 PM
Random, brief pixelation and sound cutting out on HD channels

This issue has been going on for many months now, which is very annoying. The sporadic pixelation and sound cutting out is just annoying enough to miss a couple of important words of any given dialogue. This happens every 2-10 minutes. I called and had tech support check my system and everything checks out okay.  It happens on the both DVR recordings and on live tv, so I know it is the signal coming in to the receiver and not the HDMI. I changed out all the coax from the receiver to the dish and the dish signal is 97-99%. The only thing left to be causing this is the SWM module inside the house or the LNB on the dish. How can I get these items sent to me. I also just received a new HR/44 receiver yesterday and the issue continues, so that is not the problem either.

Thanks.

This issue has been going on for many months now, which is very annoying. The sporadic pixelation and sound cutting out is just annoying enough to miss a couple of important words of any given dialogue. This happens every 2-10 minutes. I called and had tech support check my system and everything checks out okay.  It happens on the both DVR recordings and on live tv, so I know it is the signal coming in to the receiver and not the HDMI. I changed out all the coax from the receiver to the dish and the dish signal is 97-99%. The only thing left to be causing this is the SWM module inside the house or the LNB on the dish. How can I get these items sent to me. I also just received a new HR/44 receiver yesterday and the issue continues, so that is not the problem either.

Thanks.

Random, brief pixelation and sound cutting out on HD channels

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 8:08:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

DirecTV will not sent any of those items. Only through a service visit they can be replaced

DirecTV will not sent any of those items. Only through a service visit they can be replaced

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Random, brief pixelation and sound cutting out on HD channels

2 of 4 (27 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 8:25:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You're better off calling for a service visit rather than guessing which component might be bad.   The visit is free if you have DirecTV's Equipment Protection Plan. Even without that plan, the most you'll pay is $50, regardless of what needs replacing. 

You're better off calling for a service visit rather than guessing which component might be bad.   The visit is free if you have DirecTV's Equipment Protection Plan. Even without that plan, the most you'll pay is $50, regardless of what needs replacing. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (27 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2014 10:50:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the info....

Thanks for the info....

4 of 4 (27 Views)