Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2014
10:44:08 AM
View profile
R16-300 receiver - EXTRACT from DVR?

Isn't there a way to take recordings from your DVR and convert to computer to free up space???

Isn't there a way to take recordings from your DVR and convert to computer to free up space???

R16-300 receiver - EXTRACT from DVR?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 10:57:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There is no way to copy digitally.  However you can record to your PC using a video capture hardware/software.

There is no way to copy digitally.  However you can record to your PC using a video capture hardware/software.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: R16-300 receiver - EXTRACT from DVR?

2 of 8 (66 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 11:02:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

So this has to be done at the time of the recording?  If so, what do I do, hook it up thru the USB?  Info would be great!

I know before I got the DVR, I believe I asked the sales guy and he THOUGHT it was possible to convert to an external hard drive but he wasn't 100% sure.   (this isn't a show stopper, but would be nice if this was possible.

So this has to be done at the time of the recording?  If so, what do I do, hook it up thru the USB?  Info would be great!

I know before I got the DVR, I believe I asked the sales guy and he THOUGHT it was possible to convert to an external hard drive but he wasn't 100% sure.   (this isn't a show stopper, but would be nice if this was possible.

3 of 8 (66 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 11:06:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, it must be done in real time.  You must connect using composite cables. and no, you can't connect an external drive to an R16, only HDDVRs can be expanded to use external drives

Yes, it must be done in real time.  You must connect using composite cables. and no, you can't connect an external drive to an R16, only HDDVRs can be expanded to use external drives

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (66 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 11:09:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

Cool!  thanks for the info.  maybe one day I will try that!   now that I think of it, I believe the sales guy WAS talking about the HiDef DVR.   Sad that they aren't all made the same, but oh well!  Smiley Happy

Cool!  thanks for the info.  maybe one day I will try that!   now that I think of it, I believe the sales guy WAS talking about the HiDef DVR.   Sad that they aren't all made the same, but oh well!  Smiley Happy

5 of 8 (66 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 12:31:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you are welcome

you are welcome

6 of 8 (66 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 1:01:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

PEDS48 did you receive this ? I have a question for you?

PEDS48 did you receive this ? I have a question for you?

7 of 8 (66 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 1:33:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

received what?

received what?

8 of 8 (66 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments