Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 3, 2013
10:02:17 AM
View profile
R15/500 DVR recored shows blacking out?

We have a R-15/500, and lately when we watch a recorded show, towards the end, the video blacks out, but the audio is still playing. Any ideas? :smileyconfused:

We have a R-15/500, and lately when we watch a recorded show, towards the end, the video blacks out, but the audio is still playing. Any ideas? :smileyconfused:

R15/500 DVR recored shows blacking out?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 3:17:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting the DVR using the red button behind the front panel access card door.

First thing to try is resetting the DVR using the red button behind the front panel access card door.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: R15/500 DVR recored shows blacking out?

2 of 4 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 3:43:08 PM
(0)
Scholar

Ok, and if that doesn't work? :smileycool:

Ok, and if that doesn't work? :smileycool:

3 of 4 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 4:41:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If the reset doesn't help, then I think you'll need to replace the DVR. There were posts like this several months ago with this problem, you might try searching here, but I think the only sure fire fix was DVR replacement.  Keep us posted.

If the reset doesn't help, then I think you'll need to replace the DVR. There were posts like this several months ago with this problem, you might try searching here, but I think the only sure fire fix was DVR replacement.  Keep us posted.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (13 Views)