Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 28, 2014
10:34:47 AM
Program Guide Freezes Genie HR 34

After few minutes on the program guide it freezes up for a couple of minutes and after I wait it works. What could cause this problem?

After few minutes on the program guide it freezes up for a couple of minutes and after I wait it works. What could cause this problem?

Program Guide Freezes Genie HR 34

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 12:16:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have you tried resetting the HR34 using the red button behind the front panel access card door?

Have you tried resetting the HR34 using the red button behind the front panel access card door?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Program Guide Freezes Genie HR 34

2 of 6 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 3:48:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

There is a known software issue on the HR34 that causes this I have experienced it also). It's believed that recent beta releases of the software fix the problem but I have no idea when the fix will be in a national software release.

There is a known software issue on the HR34 that causes this I have experienced it also). It's believed that recent beta releases of the software fix the problem but I have no idea when the fix will be in a national software release.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Program  Guide Freezes Genie HR 34

3 of 6 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2014 7:20:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm still having this issue and DTV still says its a software problem they are aware of it.

WHEN will it be fixed??

I'm still having this issue and DTV still says its a software problem they are aware of it.

WHEN will it be fixed??

4 of 6 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2014 8:53:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Should be fixed in the next software update.  Don't know when that will be.

Should be fixed in the next software update.  Don't know when that will be.

5 of 6 (91 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2014 5:18:15 AM
(0)
Teacher

I saw some previous posts, and I had my doubts about this fix.  But I just completed resetting my HR34 4 times in a row.  The first time I just unplugged and plugged back in.  2 thru 4 I used the RESET option on the settings menu.   Then I did a re-authorize from the directv web page because some channels in the guide were greyed out.  Now my HR34 is acting perfect, just like the day it was new.   We will see if the HR34 slows back down as time goes on, but for now I am happy.  Just waiting for the guide to re-populate.

I saw some previous posts, and I had my doubts about this fix.  But I just completed resetting my HR34 4 times in a row.  The first time I just unplugged and plugged back in.  2 thru 4 I used the RESET option on the settings menu.   Then I did a re-authorize from the directv web page because some channels in the guide were greyed out.  Now my HR34 is acting perfect, just like the day it was new.   We will see if the HR34 slows back down as time goes on, but for now I am happy.  Just waiting for the guide to re-populate.

6 of 6 (91 Views)