Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 31, 2013
9:36:19 AM
Pause not working on Genie client

WE just had Genie and 1 client installed to replace our former setup. Everything appears to be working fine except the pause on the client. When I press pause I get the time bar and the pause symbol appears but it does not pause. This is true for both live and recorded playback.

I Don't want to spend hours on pho phone trying to get help. Someone please tell me what I need to do to get the unit working. Thanks!

WE just had Genie and 1 client installed to replace our former setup. Everything appears to be working fine except the pause on the client. When I press pause I get the time bar and the pause symbol appears but it does not pause. This is true for both live and recorded playback.

I Don't want to spend hours on pho phone trying to get help. Someone please tell me what I need to do to get the unit working. Thanks!

Pause not working on Genie client

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 9:38:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting BOTH the Genie DVR and the Genie Client (red reset button behind access card door).

First thing to try is resetting BOTH the Genie DVR and the Genie Client (red reset button behind access card door).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pause not working on Genie client

2 of 9 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 9:58:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

I already have reset with no effect on the pause.

I already have reset with no effect on the pause.

3 of 9 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 9:59:51 AM
(0)
Expert

Try again.  Reset the Genie, and as it's rebooting, reset the Client.  You'll get a searching message and then it will connect.

Try again.  Reset the Genie, and as it's rebooting, reset the Client.  You'll get a searching message and then it will connect.

4 of 9 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 10:18:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

You've been very helpful. Resetting again appears to have solved the problem. 

Now I need to figure out how to set my ZIP code so I'll get the right local weather display...

You've been very helpful. Resetting again appears to have solved the problem. 

Now I need to figure out how to set my ZIP code so I'll get the right local weather display...

5 of 9 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 10:24:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Go to "my cities" and enter yoru zip code there.  this will get your local weather
Go to "my cities" and enter yoru zip code there.  this will get your local weather
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 10:51:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Glad to help.  Please mark your question as "answered".  Thanks!

Glad to help.  Please mark your question as "answered".  Thanks!

7 of 9 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 2:38:40 PM
(0)
Mentor

I constantly have this problem when watching recordings on my genie client.  As well as sometimes it just stops when fast forwarding and I have to stop fast forwarding and wait a few minutes and then I can fast forward again.

Rebooting fixes both of these problems, but I have had both of these problems frequently in the last few months of my genie client.  It is very annoying.

I constantly have this problem when watching recordings on my genie client.  As well as sometimes it just stops when fast forwarding and I have to stop fast forwarding and wait a few minutes and then I can fast forward again.

Rebooting fixes both of these problems, but I have had both of these problems frequently in the last few months of my genie client.  It is very annoying.

8 of 9 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 3:35:22 AM
(0)
Expert

When you fast forward on a Client, the actual advance occurs in the Genie.  Consequently the Client appears to be "pokey" when in actuality it's simply awaiting the signals to travel back and forth from the Genie.  A soft had will usually produce the desired results so maybe try not "pushing" the Client and see if you get better results.

When you fast forward on a Client, the actual advance occurs in the Genie.  Consequently the Client appears to be "pokey" when in actuality it's simply awaiting the signals to travel back and forth from the Genie.  A soft had will usually produce the desired results so maybe try not "pushing" the Client and see if you get better results.

9 of 9 (15 Views)