Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 12, 2013
1:00:16 PM
View profile
Online program guide lists To Be Announced

This problem started on 10 August.  Instead of the 14 days I normally see in the online program guide, from 8/22 on I only see the words "To Be Announced".  The guide has not updated since Friday.

I Have 2 HD DVR receivers -- an HR22-100 and an HR 23-700.  I am experiencing this problem on both receivers.  I'm receiving a good sat signal.  I have had no disruptions in power or audio/video due to severe weather or any other causes.  I did a receiver restart pushing the red button on one of the receivers to see if that would download the newest part of the guide but it did not work.

I see others in this forum have posted about seeing this problem but I haven't read anything as a possible solution that I haven't tried already.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas any of you have that would help resolve this issue.

Thank you.

This problem started on 10 August.  Instead of the 14 days I normally see in the online program guide, from 8/22 on I only see the words "To Be Announced".  The guide has not updated since Friday.

I Have 2 HD DVR receivers -- an HR22-100 and an HR 23-700.  I am experiencing this problem on both receivers.  I'm receiving a good sat signal.  I have had no disruptions in power or audio/video due to severe weather or any other causes.  I did a receiver restart pushing the red button on one of the receivers to see if that would download the newest part of the guide but it did not work.

I see others in this forum have posted about seeing this problem but I haven't read anything as a possible solution that I haven't tried already.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas any of you have that would help resolve this issue.

Thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 12, 2013 1:58:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

yup, 10 days is about the norm.  the HDDVR holds UP TO 14 days of guide data.  notice the "UP TO"...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Online program guide lists To Be Announced

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 1:10:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can force the DVR to rebuilt its Guide data base by resetting the DVR twice within 30-minutes.

You can force the DVR to rebuilt its Guide data base by resetting the DVR twice within 30-minutes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Online program guide lists To Be Announced

2 of 9 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 1:11:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do 2 red button resets in a 30 minute window.  That is, do a reset then when the receiver boots to a live picture, do a second reset.  This will scratch the current guide data and build a new from scratch.   It will take 24 hours for the new one to build, any schedule shows will still record

Do 2 red button resets in a 30 minute window.  That is, do a reset then when the receiver boots to a live picture, do a second reset.  This will scratch the current guide data and build a new from scratch.   It will take 24 hours for the new one to build, any schedule shows will still record

3 of 9 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 1:14:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried this on the HR 23-700 receiver and when the guide was rebuilt it still read To Be Announced from 8/22 forward.

I tried this on the HR 23-700 receiver and when the guide was rebuilt it still read To Be Announced from 8/22 forward.

4 of 9 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 1:44:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It can take several hours for the Guide Data to rebuild.  Be patient.  And 8/22 is 10-days away, so your Guide Data is actually pretty complete. 

It can take several hours for the Guide Data to rebuild.  Be patient.  And 8/22 is 10-days away, so your Guide Data is actually pretty complete. 

5 of 9 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 12, 2013 1:58:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

yup, 10 days is about the norm.  the HDDVR holds UP TO 14 days of guide data.  notice the "UP TO"...

6 of 9 (594 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 4:17:38 PM
(0)
Expert

I'm with Peds48, good guide data for 10 days is the norm, not a problem.

I'm with Peds48, good guide data for 10 days is the norm, not a problem.

7 of 9 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 9:17:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

Have you run a System Test? Could be an error 41 and the cabling needs to be replaced

Have you run a System Test? Could be an error 41 and the cabling needs to be replaced

8 of 9 (594 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 9:20:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

or is it still at 10 day out? if so so then I would think you are good

or is it still at 10 day out? if so so then I would think you are good

9 of 9 (594 Views)