Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 28, 2014
5:18:52 PM
On Demand Content 5 second Audio Drops/HDMI issue

Same issue as several other users on this forum but their questions are marked as assumed answered although no answer is in the thread. HR34/700 Software 0x8d4.  It's every 5 seconds like a metronome of pain.  Only On Demand.  Next to latest episode of Leftovers.  Sometimes if I go in and out of the show enough times it stops but not this time.  I'm into a Pioneer Kuro through a Denon 3808ci AVR so I don't think any of my other components are the issue, especially given that it only happens during HBO On Demand programming.

Same issue as several other users on this forum but their questions are marked as assumed answered although no answer is in the thread. HR34/700 Software 0x8d4.  It's every 5 seconds like a metronome of pain.  Only On Demand.  Next to latest episode of Leftovers.  Sometimes if I go in and out of the show enough times it stops but not this time.  I'm into a Pioneer Kuro through a Denon 3808ci AVR so I don't think any of my other components are the issue, especially given that it only happens during HBO On Demand programming.

On Demand Content 5 second Audio Drops/HDMI issue

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 10:52:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How exactly is the HR34's audio OUT connected to your HDTV and/or Denon AVR?   It should NOT be connected via the HDTV's audio OUT.

How exactly is the HR34's audio OUT connected to your HDTV and/or Denon AVR?   It should NOT be connected via the HDTV's audio OUT.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: On Demand Content 5 second Audio Drops/HDMI issue

2 of 5 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2014 11:23:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

HDMI out on the Genie to the HDMI in on the AVR, HDMI out on the AVR to the TV

HDMI out on the Genie to the HDMI in on the AVR, HDMI out on the AVR to the TV

3 of 5 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2014 12:19:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What happens if you bypass the AVR and connect directly to the HDTV?  Do you still get the dropouts?  This will help determine if it's a TV or AVR issue.   What's especially puzzling is that it's only happening with HBO OnDemand shows.

What happens if you bypass the AVR and connect directly to the HDTV?  Do you still get the dropouts?  This will help determine if it's a TV or AVR issue.   What's especially puzzling is that it's only happening with HBO OnDemand shows.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2014 1:18:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

http://forums.directv.com/thread/11257281

Contribute to that thread. Hopefully the more of us that speak up in one place, the more likely DirecTV will be to address the issue for all of us.

http://forums.directv.com/thread/11257281

Contribute to that thread. Hopefully the more of us that speak up in one place, the more likely DirecTV will be to address the issue for all of us.

5 of 5 (2 Views)