Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 21, 2013
10:01:41 AM
Older Genie lost internet connection cannot get it back what now?

I Lost my internet connection on my tv last night. The internet is working fine on all other devices.  I have done everything, set default, reset receiver, reset everything and lost a lot. Purchased new router, configured using info from computer etc all to no avail!!!  Any suggestions. I have a Mac Pro. But as I said everything went kaput with internet connection on TV

I Lost my internet connection on my tv last night. The internet is working fine on all other devices.  I have done everything, set default, reset receiver, reset everything and lost a lot. Purchased new router, configured using info from computer etc all to no avail!!!  Any suggestions. I have a Mac Pro. But as I said everything went kaput with internet connection on TV

Older Genie lost internet connection cannot get it back what now?

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 10:24:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Did the TV lose its internet connection?  Or the DirecTV DVR?  What model DVR?  How is it connected to your home network for internet access?

Did the TV lose its internet connection?  Or the DirecTV DVR?  What model DVR?  How is it connected to your home network for internet access?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Older Genie lost internet connection cannot get it back what now?

2 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 6:03:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have Comcast modem with Netgear router. The tv no longer has Internet connection. It is a genie with the Deca adapter attached to router. Everything has been reset numerous times. The internet is working on everything else. It seems the signal is not going through. All cables have been tightened. Modem rest router reset and tv also. I keep getting error codes when I attempt network set up. I even did an advanced set up to no avail. I had the connection in the morning

and lost it in evening.

Robin

I have Comcast modem with Netgear router. The tv no longer has Internet connection. It is a genie with the Deca adapter attached to router. Everything has been reset numerous times. The internet is working on everything else. It seems the signal is not going through. All cables have been tightened. Modem rest router reset and tv also. I keep getting error codes when I attempt network set up. I even did an advanced set up to no avail. I had the connection in the morning

and lost it in evening.

Robin

3 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 6:25:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You say "the TV no longer has internet connection", but I assume you mean that the Genie DVR no longer has internet, right?   Some TV's have their own internet connection.

What model number Genie DVR?  HR34 or HR44?

What's the message if you press the remote's "Dash :smileyminus:" key?

What happens if you disconnect the DECA Adapter and connect the Genie's ethernet port directly to your router?

You say "the TV no longer has internet connection", but I assume you mean that the Genie DVR no longer has internet, right?   Some TV's have their own internet connection.

What model number Genie DVR?  HR34 or HR44?

What's the message if you press the remote's "Dash :smileyminus:" key?

What happens if you disconnect the DECA Adapter and connect the Genie's ethernet port directly to your router?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 7:35:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

It is the genie 34. Message is 22. It is not possible to connect directly due to where modem is located. Unfortunately, the room where modem and router located was only place available in my home. When I do everything and error message appears it recognizes that Ethernet is connected but cannot make connection to internet. Everything worked great for approx. 8 months then poof?

Robin

It is the genie 34. Message is 22. It is not possible to connect directly due to where modem is located. Unfortunately, the room where modem and router located was only place available in my home. When I do everything and error message appears it recognizes that Ethernet is connected but cannot make connection to internet. Everything worked great for approx. 8 months then poof?

Robin

5 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 7:54:39 AM
(0)
Expert

The DECA BB adapter that is connected to your router should have 3 lights on it.  Are all 3 green?  If not, tell us which are what color or off.

The DECA BB adapter that is connected to your router should have 3 lights on it.  Are all 3 green?  If not, tell us which are what color or off.

6 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 11:27:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

Only green light is power,the C link in orange blinking Ntwk no light

Robin

Only green light is power,the C link in orange blinking Ntwk no light

Robin

7 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 2:31:40 PM
(0)
Expert

Disconnect AC power from your router for a minute or so.  Plug it back in and as it boots up the C Link light should turn green.  If it doesn't, it means the router is not connecting to the DECA BB adapter.  Did you check the firewall (must be off) and the DHCP (must be on) in the computer?  If those items are set properly and no C Link then I'd say your router, or the Ethernet cable connecting the two devices, is failing.

Disconnect AC power from your router for a minute or so.  Plug it back in and as it boots up the C Link light should turn green.  If it doesn't, it means the router is not connecting to the DECA BB adapter.  Did you check the firewall (must be off) and the DHCP (must be on) in the computer?  If those items are set properly and no C Link then I'd say your router, or the Ethernet cable connecting the two devices, is failing.

8 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 2:48:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

I already did the disconnect. Since it was working fine, with no changes on computer, I bought a new router and changed Ethernet cables all to no avail.e is it possible the Deca went bad?

Robin

I already did the disconnect. Since it was working fine, with no changes on computer, I bought a new router and changed Ethernet cables all to no avail.e is it possible the Deca went bad?

Robin

9 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 3:57:52 PM
(0)
Professor

it is rare that a DECA goes bad but it does happen.

it is rare that a DECA goes bad but it does happen.

10 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 5:45:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

Firewall is off, DHCP IS ON. when I disconnected the c link turned green then orange blinking? Any other ideas?

Robin

Firewall is off, DHCP IS ON. when I disconnected the c link turned green then orange blinking? Any other ideas?

Robin

11 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 6:29:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The blinking C link means that the DECA is not seeing the coax network. To confirm the DECA is bad, you can connect a receiver there instead.  if you get a picture then the DECA is bad, no picture and something is "wrong" the cable feeding the DECA

The blinking C link means that the DECA is not seeing the coax network. To confirm the DECA is bad, you can connect a receiver there instead.  if you get a picture then the DECA is bad, no picture and something is "wrong" the cable feeding the DECA

12 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 6:50:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

I want to thank everyone who helped. I finally figured out it was the cable. The last message did it and I am now connected.

Robin

I want to thank everyone who helped. I finally figured out it was the cable. The last message did it and I am now connected.

Robin

13 of 14 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2013 6:59:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Good to hear!   If you would, please mark the "helpful" or "correct answer" posts.  Thanks.

Good to hear!   If you would, please mark the "helpful" or "correct answer" posts.  Thanks.

14 of 14 (2 Views)