Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Sep 27, 2013
11:52:16 PM
View profile
Ok this is so frustrating....my Breaking Bad marathon recordings got messed up!

I scheduled a recording of the Breaking Bad marathon, and starting this morning at 6am, all my recordings are all black and just give me the option to delete or keep the recording. I checked the dish alignment based on other topics on this forum and everything checks out. Moreover, recordings which are going on at this very instant are still showing the same symptoms while I am both watching TV and viewing other recordings. Now I checked Channel 254 which is AMC, and I am showing signal loss (error 771) but ONLY for AMC. This doesn't make a lot of sense as to why just one channel is dropping off. I need help to figure this out...

I scheduled a recording of the Breaking Bad marathon, and starting this morning at 6am, all my recordings are all black and just give me the option to delete or keep the recording. I checked the dish alignment based on other topics on this forum and everything checks out. Moreover, recordings which are going on at this very instant are still showing the same symptoms while I am both watching TV and viewing other recordings. Now I checked Channel 254 which is AMC, and I am showing signal loss (error 771) but ONLY for AMC. This doesn't make a lot of sense as to why just one channel is dropping off. I need help to figure this out...

Ok this is so frustrating....my Breaking Bad marathon recordings got messed up!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 5:09:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Very unlikely it's only one channel. AMC comes from TP10 on the 103ca satellite, check the signal level and post back. Also tell us what are the signal levels on the other 103ca transponders.

Very unlikely it's only one channel. AMC comes from TP10 on the 103ca satellite, check the signal level and post back. Also tell us what are the signal levels on the other 103ca transponders.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Ok this is so frustrating....my Breaking Bad marathon recordings got messed up!

2 of 3 (4 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 7:17:38 AM
(0)
Expert

I note that the Breaking Bad marathonn is not currently playing.  According to the current (10:15 AM Saturday) guide the 2012 and 2013 episodes will start at midnight tonight.  That is not what was previously announced so it appears to me that something went wrong with their feed on the first four seasons.

I post this so that you don't tear your system apart trying to correct an issue that may have been the fault of the signal feed.

I note that the Breaking Bad marathonn is not currently playing.  According to the current (10:15 AM Saturday) guide the 2012 and 2013 episodes will start at midnight tonight.  That is not what was previously announced so it appears to me that something went wrong with their feed on the first four seasons.

I post this so that you don't tear your system apart trying to correct an issue that may have been the fault of the signal feed.

Re: Ok this is so frustrating....my Breaking Bad marathon recordings got messed up!

3 of 3 (4 Views)