Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 27, 2014
10:06:02 AM
Non-standard length programs don't fully record

We set up a season pass for Fargo, but the episodes are not recorded fully (HR34, if that makes a difference), despite the fact that their length (1:13, for example) is listed. I'm manually adding time for each episode, but that seems unnecessary. Shouldn't DIRECTV know how long the program is and schedule itself accordingly? Or is there a setting that I've overlooked? (Apologies if this has been covered; my search didn't turn anything up.)

We set up a season pass for Fargo, but the episodes are not recorded fully (HR34, if that makes a difference), despite the fact that their length (1:13, for example) is listed. I'm manually adding time for each episode, but that seems unnecessary. Shouldn't DIRECTV know how long the program is and schedule itself accordingly? Or is there a setting that I've overlooked? (Apologies if this has been covered; my search didn't turn anything up.)

Non-standard length programs don't fully record

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 11:19:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Non-standard length programs don't fully record

2 of 8 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 11:25:16 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks for the link; that explains a lot. We had the same problem with Justified; I just hadn't made the FX connection.

Thanks for the link; that explains a lot. We had the same problem with Justified; I just hadn't made the FX connection.

3 of 8 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2014 3:30:31 PM
(0)
Expert

We had the same problem so went to the Fargo On Demand website and downloaded the episode and added 15 minutes to the scheduled recording.  The part you missed is significant so I'd urge you to get the full version.  I also went to the series setup for Fargo and added 15 minutes to the run time for future recordings.  Note that "The Roster Prince" episode has been taken off the On Demand but is being rebroadcast on channel 248 on May 3rd at 11:36 PM.  Remember to add at least 15 minutes to the record length.

We had the same problem so went to the Fargo On Demand website and downloaded the episode and added 15 minutes to the scheduled recording.  The part you missed is significant so I'd urge you to get the full version.  I also went to the series setup for Fargo and added 15 minutes to the run time for future recordings.  Note that "The Roster Prince" episode has been taken off the On Demand but is being rebroadcast on channel 248 on May 3rd at 11:36 PM.  Remember to add at least 15 minutes to the record length.

4 of 8 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 10:14:23 AM
(0)
Teacher

In reading this link it seems it works on some DVRs and not others.  So it's not an FX thing.

I've been recording Fargo but had no idea it was suffering the same issue as Justified.  That's very upsetting.

Has anyone discovered a true solution or workaround for this?  Unfortunately the forum has this question as 'assumed answered'.  Would be happy to hear from more people on this!

In reading this link it seems it works on some DVRs and not others.  So it's not an FX thing.

I've been recording Fargo but had no idea it was suffering the same issue as Justified.  That's very upsetting.

Has anyone discovered a true solution or workaround for this?  Unfortunately the forum has this question as 'assumed answered'.  Would be happy to hear from more people on this!

5 of 8 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 2:05:15 PM
(0)
Expert

The "true solution" is to get FX to provide the proper guide data so the DVR knows how long to record.  While waiting for that to happen, add 15 minutes to the scheduled record time.  Takes a few seconds at most.

The "true solution" is to get FX to provide the proper guide data so the DVR knows how long to record.  While waiting for that to happen, add 15 minutes to the scheduled record time.  Takes a few seconds at most.

6 of 8 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 2:33:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

That's confusing because people are reporting that their other DTV DVR models are recording them correctly.

That's confusing because people are reporting that their other DTV DVR models are recording them correctly.

7 of 8 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 10:23:46 PM
(0)
Mentor

I had to add thirty minutes, at least for the last episode. I had set it to fifteen minutes after last week, but that wasn't enough. Interestingly, the show reports itself as being 1:13, but that, clearly, is incorrect.

I had to add thirty minutes, at least for the last episode. I had set it to fifteen minutes after last week, but that wasn't enough. Interestingly, the show reports itself as being 1:13, but that, clearly, is incorrect.

8 of 8 (30 Views)