Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 23, 2014
8:36:57 AM
View profile
No surround sound w/Direct TV

My Vizio sound bar works great w/my WII and antenna channels, but not w/Direct TV.  What's the deal?

My Vizio sound bar works great w/my WII and antenna channels, but not w/Direct TV.  What's the deal?

No surround sound w/Direct TV

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 9:37:47 AM
(0)
Expert

What model is your Directv receiver/DVR?  How are you feeding the signal from the DTV receiver to the sound bar?  When you say "it doesn't work" what do you refer to?  If lack of Dolby are you sure you're on a channel that provides Dolby and do you have your HD receiver set to "Dolby on"?

What model is your Directv receiver/DVR?  How are you feeding the signal from the DTV receiver to the sound bar?  When you say "it doesn't work" what do you refer to?  If lack of Dolby are you sure you're on a channel that provides Dolby and do you have your HD receiver set to "Dolby on"?

Re: No surround sound w/Direct TV

2 of 6 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 11:12:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Where do I find the Model #.  It might be R-15-100.  DirecTV Plus, Dolby Digital.  The sound bar is connected to the TV w/an Optical cable.  The DVR is connected to the TV w/RCA cables (I guess).  When I say it doesn't work, I mean that sound doesn't come out of the remote speakers or sub woofer. 

Where do I find the Model #.  It might be R-15-100.  DirecTV Plus, Dolby Digital.  The sound bar is connected to the TV w/an Optical cable.  The DVR is connected to the TV w/RCA cables (I guess).  When I say it doesn't work, I mean that sound doesn't come out of the remote speakers or sub woofer. 

3 of 6 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 11:15:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

Also, I don't see anything that sets the receiver to Dolby Digital.

Also, I don't see anything that sets the receiver to Dolby Digital.

4 of 6 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 11:18:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you have an SD SDVR.  there are very few SD programs that carry DD.  If you really want DD, you will need to upgrade to an HDDVR.

you have an SD SDVR.  there are very few SD programs that carry DD.  If you really want DD, you will need to upgrade to an HDDVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 2:48:37 PM
(0)
Expert

The Model number is located inside the card door.  If it is a R15 then Peds is spot on.  The SD Directv channels are virtually absent any Dolby sound tracks.

The Model number is located inside the card door.  If it is a R15 then Peds is spot on.  The SD Directv channels are virtually absent any Dolby sound tracks.

6 of 6 (15 Views)