Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Aug 9, 2013
10:13:35 PM
View profile
No servers detected. Check your network connections....

We have had Direct TV for almost two weeks and not problems. Came home yesterday and the bedroom (Genie Mini) restarted when we turned it on. Did the whole set up process and then says "No servers detected. Check your network connections." The only option you have to select is Try Again. You cannot bypass this screen and get to the menu or anything. I noticed quite a few other people have had the same issue, so I have tried the red button reset of ALL receivers, but still no luck. The main Genie and second bedroom work just fine.

So what is next if a reset doesn't work????

We have had Direct TV for almost two weeks and not problems. Came home yesterday and the bedroom (Genie Mini) restarted when we turned it on. Did the whole set up process and then says "No servers detected. Check your network connections." The only option you have to select is Try Again. You cannot bypass this screen and get to the menu or anything. I noticed quite a few other people have had the same issue, so I have tried the red button reset of ALL receivers, but still no luck. The main Genie and second bedroom work just fine.

So what is next if a reset doesn't work????

No servers detected. Check your network connections....

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 10:19:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

Please give more info, need to know what clients you have, C31 or C41 or C41W, because depending the next steps would change

Edit: basic steps you can do, make sure cable connections are tight, depending on what mini genie you have they might have to send a tech.

Please give more info, need to know what clients you have, C31 or C41 or C41W, because depending the next steps would change

Edit: basic steps you can do, make sure cable connections are tight, depending on what mini genie you have they might have to send a tech.

Re: No servers detected. Check your network connections....

2 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 10:23:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

The bottom of the receiver says C41-500

The bottom of the receiver says C41-500

3 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 10:30:49 PM
(0)
Scholar

Ya after checking the cables to make sure they are all tight, you will need a service call. Call in, they will transfer you to tech, and they will set up a service call, which should be free, since its within 90 days of install

Ya after checking the cables to make sure they are all tight, you will need a service call. Call in, they will transfer you to tech, and they will set up a service call, which should be free, since its within 90 days of install

4 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 10:41:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Should the yellow light on the genie be flashing?

Should the yellow light on the genie be flashing?

5 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 9:38:24 AM
(0)
Expert

Before you request that service call, go to the Genie and do a red button (inside card door) reset.  While it's booting up, go to each Client (Mini Genie) and do a red button (side of box) reset.  The client will display the "searching for server" until the Genie is fully booted, then the Client will see the server.

This situation can occur spontaneously if there is a power blip or a software update that causes the Genie to reset.

Before you request that service call, go to the Genie and do a red button (inside card door) reset.  While it's booting up, go to each Client (Mini Genie) and do a red button (side of box) reset.  The client will display the "searching for server" until the Genie is fully booted, then the Client will see the server.

This situation can occur spontaneously if there is a power blip or a software update that causes the Genie to reset.

6 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 4:29:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

7 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2015 1:24:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

Same thing happening to me 3 mini's say "No server found" so far the tech has changed the cable on the main Geni, changed Deca, changed all minis and the genie it self.  rebooting the main genie and minis fork a few hours after the red reset on main Genie. but then they  lose the server again.  Tech is coming back tomorrow with a second Tech.  Any help that could be given I'm sure all of us would be greatful.

Same thing happening to me 3 mini's say "No server found" so far the tech has changed the cable on the main Geni, changed Deca, changed all minis and the genie it self.  rebooting the main genie and minis fork a few hours after the red reset on main Genie. but then they  lose the server again.  Tech is coming back tomorrow with a second Tech.  Any help that could be given I'm sure all of us would be greatful.

8 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2015 6:12:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Replace your router

Replace your router

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2015 4:21:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

Didn't work Replace the router and reserved all Mac addresses for DirectTV boxes they still get dropped Tried leaving all the boxes on they still get dropped.  The Tech has swaped  out all the genie the genie minis the Deca some of the splitters Wiring to the main genie LNB  tested wiring from the dish to main splitter tested good.  ?????? WE are now lost.  Problem still happens

Didn't work Replace the router and reserved all Mac addresses for DirectTV boxes they still get dropped Tried leaving all the boxes on they still get dropped.  The Tech has swaped  out all the genie the genie minis the Deca some of the splitters Wiring to the main genie LNB  tested wiring from the dish to main splitter tested good.  ?????? WE are now lost.  Problem still happens

10 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2015 5:41:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The boxes use a set of "link local" IP addresses beginning with 169 to communicate with each other for external communication) (as well as regular IP addresses. My guess is that the router is not handling these correctly.

Try temporarily removing the connection to the router (don't know what method you are using, so can't be more specific). Whole home does not need the router in order to work, unless you have some ethgernet-connected receivers as well as the genie and clients. See if that solves the problem. Obviously you can't leave it that way if you want internet connection, but at least it will help point you in the direction of the problem.

The boxes use a set of "link local" IP addresses beginning with 169 to communicate with each other for external communication) (as well as regular IP addresses. My guess is that the router is not handling these correctly.

Try temporarily removing the connection to the router (don't know what method you are using, so can't be more specific). Whole home does not need the router in order to work, unless you have some ethgernet-connected receivers as well as the genie and clients. See if that solves the problem. Obviously you can't leave it that way if you want internet connection, but at least it will help point you in the direction of the problem.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2015 2:51:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

Turned the router off for the whole day and the mini's worked all day. Thank You.  Now how do I get back on the internet?  Have thought about blocking all mini's by blocking MAC addresses,(but that would turn off WPS security setting as well),  But are the mini's tcpip's causing the problem or are  what ever the" DIRECTV Mediashare Renderer" (what ever they are) according to the router there are 2 of.   or is the hr44 genie or is the h25 recvr causing the tcpip problems from the router.  any help?

Turned the router off for the whole day and the mini's worked all day. Thank You.  Now how do I get back on the internet?  Have thought about blocking all mini's by blocking MAC addresses,(but that would turn off WPS security setting as well),  But are the mini's tcpip's causing the problem or are  what ever the" DIRECTV Mediashare Renderer" (what ever they are) according to the router there are 2 of.   or is the hr44 genie or is the h25 recvr causing the tcpip problems from the router.  any help?

12 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2015 7:29:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

As for a solution, not sure. The only references I have found to people solving the problem all involved talking to the router manufacturer. You can't do this by changing anything on the DirecTv boxes, they are working as they are supposed to be.

Some suggestions:

Make sure you only have one path to the internet from your DirecTv boxes. . Sometimes people set up wired and wireless, but if you only have the Genie and clients it can't be that..

get rid of all mac blocking. It's a waste of time anyway, any hacker can soon find out which mac addresses work and then spoof them.

As for a solution, not sure. The only references I have found to people solving the problem all involved talking to the router manufacturer. You can't do this by changing anything on the DirecTv boxes, they are working as they are supposed to be.

Some suggestions:

Make sure you only have one path to the internet from your DirecTv boxes. . Sometimes people set up wired and wireless, but if you only have the Genie and clients it can't be that..

get rid of all mac blocking. It's a waste of time anyway, any hacker can soon find out which mac addresses work and then spoof them.

13 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2015 10:05:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the help that you gave me.  I got it to work with the new router I changed the name of the network changed the TCPIP stack numbers. and changed the wireless passwords so I hopefully have blocked all routes that led the Genie into my network.  So I'm back on the the internet and all TV's are working.  I'm a happy boy!!! Paul

Thanks for the help that you gave me.  I got it to work with the new router I changed the name of the network changed the TCPIP stack numbers. and changed the wireless passwords so I hopefully have blocked all routes that led the Genie into my network.  So I'm back on the the internet and all TV's are working.  I'm a happy boy!!! Paul

14 of 15 (64 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2015 12:03:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Glad you fixed it.

Glad you fixed it.

15 of 15 (64 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments