Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 2, 2013
8:46:50 PM
View profile
No network when connected home adapter plugged in

New Directv customer for just over a week now.  System installed by a Directv Installer.

Genie HD DVR: HR44-500

2 Genie Mini: C41-700

AT&T Uverse Gateway: Pace Model 5031NV

Since day one had problems with on demand not working consistently because of slow internet speed.  2 days ago come home and tv with genie mini show no network available.  Unplug and reset gateway and receivers to no avail.

Finally after much trouble shooting discover if I unplug Ethernet cable to Directv Connected Home Adapter (DCA2SRO-01) internet regains full speed and consistency immediately and TV's attached to genie mini come back on.  Assuming on demand or WH-dvr sync will not work with home adapter unplugged though.

Any thoughts on what is causing the conflict that is bringing entire network and internet speed to a halt?

Thanks!

New Directv customer for just over a week now.  System installed by a Directv Installer.

Genie HD DVR: HR44-500

2 Genie Mini: C41-700

AT&T Uverse Gateway: Pace Model 5031NV

Since day one had problems with on demand not working consistently because of slow internet speed.  2 days ago come home and tv with genie mini show no network available.  Unplug and reset gateway and receivers to no avail.

Finally after much trouble shooting discover if I unplug Ethernet cable to Directv Connected Home Adapter (DCA2SRO-01) internet regains full speed and consistency immediately and TV's attached to genie mini come back on.  Assuming on demand or WH-dvr sync will not work with home adapter unplugged though.

Any thoughts on what is causing the conflict that is bringing entire network and internet speed to a halt?

Thanks!

No network when connected home adapter plugged in

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 9:02:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

Your first problem, hr44 have the network adapter built in. Then go: Menu -> Settings and Help -> Settings -> Network Setup -> Restore defaults (this will not do anything to your actual settings).

Then Go to the Network Setup menu again and repeat the network setup. And you'll be good to go.

Your first problem, hr44 have the network adapter built in. Then go: Menu -> Settings and Help -> Settings -> Network Setup -> Restore defaults (this will not do anything to your actual settings).

Then Go to the Network Setup menu again and repeat the network setup. And you'll be good to go.

Re: No network when connected home adapter plugged in

2 of 4 (485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 6:18:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The HR44 has built in wifi. So It appears that you have a network loop. Leave the cck install and do a restore defaults under the network set up follow by a red button reset

The HR44 has built in wifi. So It appears that you have a network loop. Leave the cck install and do a restore defaults under the network set up follow by a red button reset

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 9:05:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

Had the exact same issue. Had Directv installed on July 2nd. Had network issues, on July 4th a directv technician came out and installed the "connected home adapter". I noticed after he left that none of my wifi devices has a wifi connection. I called the directv tech that installed the "connected home adapter", he said to reset my modem and router. Did that, still had issues. Thinking that may router went out, I went out and purchased a $170 router. Same issue, so I then took the "connected home adapter" off my router. My Internet is now at full speed.

I decided to keep my Directv Genie connected through wifi and hope for the best.

Had the exact same issue. Had Directv installed on July 2nd. Had network issues, on July 4th a directv technician came out and installed the "connected home adapter". I noticed after he left that none of my wifi devices has a wifi connection. I called the directv tech that installed the "connected home adapter", he said to reset my modem and router. Did that, still had issues. Thinking that may router went out, I went out and purchased a $170 router. Same issue, so I then took the "connected home adapter" off my router. My Internet is now at full speed.

I decided to keep my Directv Genie connected through wifi and hope for the best.

4 of 4 (485 Views)