Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 17, 2014
6:01:12 AM
View profile
My TV and sound bar activate (at a high volume) when the DVD resets after a power failure and then stays on. They did not used to do this. Has something changed and how can I fix keep the TV from activating like that. (Its annoying at 3AM).

My TV and sound bar activate (at a high volume) when the DVD resets after a power failure and then stays on. They did not used to do this. Has something changed and how can I fix keep the TV from activating like that. (Its annoying at 3AM).

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 9:19:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Not sure what this has to do with DirecTV equipment?

What brand/model TV and DVD Players do you have?  You might check the relevant HDTV and DVD threads at http://www.avsforum.com

Not sure what this has to do with DirecTV equipment?

What brand/model TV and DVD Players do you have?  You might check the relevant HDTV and DVD threads at http://www.avsforum.com

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My TV and sound bar activate (at a high volume) when the DVD resets after a power failure and then stays on. They did not used to do this. Has something changed and how can I fix keep the TV from activating like that. (Its annoying at 3AM).

2 of 5 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 10:33:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm sorry, I was not clear. I meant to say that the DirecTV HD receiver / DVR would activate the VIZIO HD TV.  

I'm sorry, I was not clear. I meant to say that the DirecTV HD receiver / DVR would activate the VIZIO HD TV.  

Re: My TV and sound bar activate (at a high volume) when the DVD resets after a power failure and then stays on. They did not used to do this. Has something changed and how can I fix keep the TV from activating like that. (Its annoying at 3AM).

3 of 5 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 10:42:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

I have the same problem with one my TVs in the kitchen (a cheap Chinese one which was the only HD set that would fit into the cabinet cutout). If I turn off TV and mini genie with DTV remote, the sound comes on full bore, tried everything nothing works, no problem with sets in other rooms, it is a TV issue. Now I am careful to turn off TV with its remote. I just leave mini genie on usually.

I have the same problem with one my TVs in the kitchen (a cheap Chinese one which was the only HD set that would fit into the cabinet cutout). If I turn off TV and mini genie with DTV remote, the sound comes on full bore, tried everything nothing works, no problem with sets in other rooms, it is a TV issue. Now I am careful to turn off TV with its remote. I just leave mini genie on usually.

4 of 5 (0 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 10:42:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What model DirecTV DVR do you have?  

Under the HDTV Setup Menu, verify that "HDMI-CEC Control" is disabled.   This feature synchs your DVR and TV's power so that the DVR can turn on/off the HDTV.

What model DirecTV DVR do you have?  

Under the HDTV Setup Menu, verify that "HDMI-CEC Control" is disabled.   This feature synchs your DVR and TV's power so that the DVR can turn on/off the HDTV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (0 Views)