Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 21, 2013
6:49:55 PM
My DVR will only keep five episodes of certain shows even with my default changed to all. Some other shows the DVR will keep many more episodes. What is the problem that I am having?

I am curious why my DVR will only keep five episodes of some of my favorite TV shows before it automatically deletes the earliest recorded episode.  I have my options set to keep all episodes yet it still deletes.  Interestingly it does keep many more episodes of some shows.  Why am I having this problem?

I am curious why my DVR will only keep five episodes of some of my favorite TV shows before it automatically deletes the earliest recorded episode.  I have my options set to keep all episodes yet it still deletes.  Interestingly it does keep many more episodes of some shows.  Why am I having this problem?

My DVR will only keep five episodes of certain shows even with my default changed to all. Some other shows the DVR will keep many more episodes. What is the problem that I am having?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 7:00:02 PM
(0)
Professor

Open the series manager and check to make sure they are set for more then 5 episodes, if your hard drive is full then it will delete older programs to make room for the newer programs. 

Open the series manager and check to make sure they are set for more then 5 episodes, if your hard drive is full then it will delete older programs to make room for the newer programs. 

Re: My DVR will only keep five episodes of certain shows even with my default changed to all. Some other shows the DVR will keep many more episodes. What is the problem that I am having?

2 of 6 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 7:18:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

delete the affected series and set them again with the new settings to keep all

delete the affected series and set them again with the new settings to keep all

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My DVR will only keep five episodes of certain shows even with my default changed to all.  Some other shows the DVR will keep many more episodes.  What is the problem that I am having?

3 of 6 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 9:46:18 PM
(0)
Administrator

That is the default that the DVR's are set at oit of the box.

That is the default that the DVR's are set at oit of the box.

Re: My DVR will only keep five episodes of certain shows even with my default changed to all.  Some other shows the DVR will keep many more episodes.  What is the problem that I am having?

4 of 6 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 11:57:45 AM
(0)
Mentor

You may have more than one request to record the series. Delete ALL requests to record THIS show or series from the to do list. Then place only one series record request and edit it's keep options and position in the series manager. My Genie once had 87 items.

You may have more than one request to record the series. Delete ALL requests to record THIS show or series from the to do list. Then place only one series record request and edit it's keep options and position in the series manager. My Genie once had 87 items.

5 of 6 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 1:56:27 PM
(0)
Expert

Actually the place to delete the series is from the Series Manager, not the To Do List.  Deleting the Series will automatically delete all currently scheduled recordings, and a fresh series setup will pick them up with the new settings (keep all).

Actually the place to delete the series is from the Series Manager, not the To Do List.  Deleting the Series will automatically delete all currently scheduled recordings, and a fresh series setup will pick them up with the new settings (keep all).

Re: My DVR will only keep five episodes of certain shows even with my default changed to all. Some other shows the DVR will keep many more episodes. What is the problem that I am having?

6 of 6 (761 Views)