Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 2, 2014
5:45:21 PM
Main tv with dvr blacking out

WHen the tvs are on in the other rooms in the house the main tv that has the dvr/server blacks out every few seconds.

i have tried to reset, leaving the power off for two minutes.  I have also unplugged the power unit for the satellite.

it works fine as long as there are no other units on in the house.

anything I can do or does it require calling for service?

WHen the tvs are on in the other rooms in the house the main tv that has the dvr/server blacks out every few seconds.

i have tried to reset, leaving the power off for two minutes.  I have also unplugged the power unit for the satellite.

it works fine as long as there are no other units on in the house.

anything I can do or does it require calling for service?

Main tv with dvr blacking out

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 7:46:53 PM
(0)
Administrator

What do you mean by blacking out?

What do you mean by blacking out?

Re: Main tv with dvr blacking out

2 of 8 (132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 11:04:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model numbers are your DirecTV Receivers and DVRs?  Look for the labels behind the front panel access card door, or on the rear panel.

What model numbers are your DirecTV Receivers and DVRs?  Look for the labels behind the front panel access card door, or on the rear panel.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 6:48:13 AM
(0)
Tutor

HR34-700 server

c31-700 client

The tv blacks out or losses picture and sound for about a second or two. Then comes back on for a few seconds then repeats.  If you turn the client box off on the other tv it stops and works fine.

HR34-700 server

c31-700 client

The tv blacks out or losses picture and sound for about a second or two. Then comes back on for a few seconds then repeats.  If you turn the client box off on the other tv it stops and works fine.

4 of 8 (132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 7:41:53 AM
(0)
Administrator

Let me guess.  HDMI cable between the box & tv.  I had that issue with a Toshiba hdtv in my son's room, that was connected via hdmi to the mini-client.  Got the 10-pin Component, problem is gone now.

Let me guess.  HDMI cable between the box & tv.  I had that issue with a Toshiba hdtv in my son's room, that was connected via hdmi to the mini-client.  Got the 10-pin Component, problem is gone now.

5 of 8 (132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 9:02:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

THis may be a work around.  But using hdmi cables should work.  I have 2 Samsung tv and a toshiba doesn't matter which of the clients are on it still happens.

THis may be a work around.  But using hdmi cables should work.  I have 2 Samsung tv and a toshiba doesn't matter which of the clients are on it still happens.

6 of 8 (132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 10:16:50 AM
(0)
Administrator

Again, it will not work, due to the problem with the software & chip set on these boxes, along with the firmware on the TV's.  Only work around in these kind of situations, is to use Component.

Again, it will not work, due to the problem with the software & chip set on these boxes, along with the firmware on the TV's.  Only work around in these kind of situations, is to use Component.

7 of 8 (132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 6:56:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

Had directv out and the replaced the genie.  let me just say that it has made a huge difference.  channels change faster on all the tv's now, no problems.  tech said they have seen the issue with the old (1year) box and the new box fixes everything.

Had directv out and the replaced the genie.  let me just say that it has made a huge difference.  channels change faster on all the tv's now, no problems.  tech said they have seen the issue with the old (1year) box and the new box fixes everything.

8 of 8 (132 Views)