Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Mar 23, 2014
12:32:57 PM
MLB.TV and MLB Extra Innings

supposedly this year an MLB Extra Innings subscription includes an MLB.TV account.  i'm already subscribed to MLBEI -- how do i go about using MLB.TV?

supposedly this year an MLB Extra Innings subscription includes an MLB.TV account.  i'm already subscribed to MLBEI -- how do i go about using MLB.TV?

MLB.TV and MLB Extra Innings

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 4:49:18 AM
(0)
Expert

Only a guess, but I'd guess that inasmuch as the Extra Innings doesn't become active until opening day, the same may be true of MLB.TV. 

Only a guess, but I'd guess that inasmuch as the Extra Innings doesn't become active until opening day, the same may be true of MLB.TV. 

Re: MLB.TV and MLB Extra Innings

2 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 8:38:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

yeah, i suspect you are correct.  although technically opening day was last Sunday, so we are already past that date -- which raises the issue of why the first two games weren't carried on MLBEI.  plus, MLB.TV is already active, so even if MLBEI isn't, why not let us see some games via MLB.TV while we're waiting.

regardless, a little bit of "official" info sure would be nice.  i've already subscribed to MLB.TV, so if we really are getting a complete, unrestricted MLB.TV sub with our MLBEI sub, i'd like to know so i can cancel the MLB.TV sub. 

yeah, i suspect you are correct.  although technically opening day was last Sunday, so we are already past that date -- which raises the issue of why the first two games weren't carried on MLBEI.  plus, MLB.TV is already active, so even if MLBEI isn't, why not let us see some games via MLB.TV while we're waiting.

regardless, a little bit of "official" info sure would be nice.  i've already subscribed to MLB.TV, so if we really are getting a complete, unrestricted MLB.TV sub with our MLBEI sub, i'd like to know so i can cancel the MLB.TV sub. 

3 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 11:01:21 AM
(0)
Expert

4 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 11:10:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

but it officially says nothing -- "Additional details on access and activation coming soon".  what is soon?  as i noted, the season "officially" started two days ago.

but it officially says nothing -- "Additional details on access and activation coming soon".  what is soon?  as i noted, the season "officially" started two days ago.

5 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 12:42:13 PM
(0)
Expert

You asked for an official confirmation of MLB.com being included and the link provides that.  I am attempting to assist you, not get into a debate.  And, the Yankees played in Tampa yesterday, at their spring training field.

You asked for an official confirmation of MLB.com being included and the link provides that.  I am attempting to assist you, not get into a debate.  And, the Yankees played in Tampa yesterday, at their spring training field.

6 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 12:59:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

sorry, i'm not trying to debate you at all, and i do appreciate your replies.  i was just hoping to get a bit more info than "it's coming some time and it's gonna be cool".  like maybe they could say MLBEI subscribers will be notified by email when it's ready.  as i mentioned, i had no idea it was even in the works until i stumbled on to the announcement page by accident while looking for something else.  in fact, this year i didn't even receive a courtesy email that my MLBEI was automatically renewing -- pretty sure i got something like that in years past.

oh well, i guess i'll just keep checking the web site and hopefully stumble on to the details when they do become available.

sorry, i'm not trying to debate you at all, and i do appreciate your replies.  i was just hoping to get a bit more info than "it's coming some time and it's gonna be cool".  like maybe they could say MLBEI subscribers will be notified by email when it's ready.  as i mentioned, i had no idea it was even in the works until i stumbled on to the announcement page by accident while looking for something else.  in fact, this year i didn't even receive a courtesy email that my MLBEI was automatically renewing -- pretty sure i got something like that in years past.

oh well, i guess i'll just keep checking the web site and hopefully stumble on to the details when they do become available.

7 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 2:09:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

I agree with lhitetx, there isn't really anything clear on how to 'login' to mlb.tv via DTV.  Even the customer service reps had no clue. 

I also want to make sure they are even carrying the Dodgers.  I know they are having a spat with DirecTV about even carrying the channel...I was hoping that didn't include MLBEI. 

I agree with lhitetx, there isn't really anything clear on how to 'login' to mlb.tv via DTV.  Even the customer service reps had no clue. 

I also want to make sure they are even carrying the Dodgers.  I know they are having a spat with DirecTV about even carrying the channel...I was hoping that didn't include MLBEI. 

8 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 2:29:34 PM
(0)
Professor

AFAIK until Time Warner and DTV have a contract the only live Dodgers games that will be seen in the LA Dodgers market.are the nationally televise ones on ESPN or Fox Sports game of the week.

AFAIK until Time Warner and DTV have a contract the only live Dodgers games that will be seen in the LA Dodgers market.are the nationally televise ones on ESPN or Fox Sports game of the week.

9 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 9:37:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

Does anyone know what I can do if I already subscribe to MLB.tv on the MLB.com page if I can now get MLBE on directv without paying full price?  I already subscribed to mlbtv in Feb and didn't know directv was going to offer both.

Does anyone know what I can do if I already subscribe to MLB.tv on the MLB.com page if I can now get MLBE on directv without paying full price?  I already subscribed to mlbtv in Feb and didn't know directv was going to offer both.

10 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 10:09:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have you tried linking the accounts

http://www.directv.com/sports/mlb?ACM=false&lpos=Header:3

Have you tried linking the accounts

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 10:18:19 AM
(0)
Tutor

welcome to the club!  i used the link that @peds48 posted above, and was able to link my MLB.TV account to my MLBEI account.  played around with it some last night and it seemed to be the real deal -- i had full MLB.TV access on my notebook, but seemed to be issues with my phone.  i'm going to experiment more on Monday and if all still looks good, i'm then going to see about getting a refund from MLB.TV for what i paid them.  will post back here with results of that.

welcome to the club!  i used the link that @peds48 posted above, and was able to link my MLB.TV account to my MLBEI account.  played around with it some last night and it seemed to be the real deal -- i had full MLB.TV access on my notebook, but seemed to be issues with my phone.  i'm going to experiment more on Monday and if all still looks good, i'm then going to see about getting a refund from MLB.TV for what i paid them.  will post back here with results of that.

12 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 10:31:56 AM
(0)
Administrator

Thanks! I just linked my account also, and it worked just fine. Now I know what to tell people when they call in asking

Thanks! I just linked my account also, and it worked just fine. Now I know what to tell people when they call in asking

13 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 1:24:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

Finally got an answer to this issue.  Go to www.mlb.com/tv/activate and use your directv log in to activate mlb.tv and link the accounts.

Finally got an answer to this issue.  Go to www.mlb.com/tv/activate and use your directv log in to activate mlb.tv and link the accounts.

14 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 1:29:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yep, here is the link I posted earlier today

Mac users are advised to not use Safari but instead Chrome or any any other browser as it appears to be a bug with Safari and Keychain access

Yep, here is the link I posted earlier today

Mac users are advised to not use Safari but instead Chrome or any any other browser as it appears to be a bug with Safari and Keychain access

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

15 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 12:46:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

When I try to link my account I constantly get the error:

Authorization service was not able to complete authorization at this time.

When I try to link my account I constantly get the error:

16 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2015 3:50:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Sorry to bump a dead thread but same thing is happening today, the start of the season.

Spent an hour on the phone with DTV.  They are putting it on MLB.  The tech support person basically said to go complain on the forums, so thats what I am doing. 

Sorry to bump a dead thread but same thing is happening today, the start of the season.

Spent an hour on the phone with DTV.  They are putting it on MLB.  The tech support person basically said to go complain on the forums, so thats what I am doing. 

17 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2015 4:13:31 PM
(0)
Professor

It maybe because of the free promo from the 6th to the 12th.

It maybe because of the free promo from the 6th to the 12th.

18 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2015 6:25:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

Getting the same problem.

Tech Support basically told me to wait until tomorrow... pretty useless. 

Getting the same problem.

Tech Support basically told me to wait until tomorrow... pretty useless. 

19 of 20 (40 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2015 9:29:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well this was my twitter exchange with DTV over twitter just now,  Apparently the season starts tomrrow?  Someone should tell that to ESPN.  With what they termed as opening night.  I dont know thats just me though. 

Well this was my twitter exchange with DTV over twitter just now,  Apparently the season starts tomrrow?  Someone should tell that to ESPN.  With what they termed as opening night.  I dont know thats just me though. 

20 of 20 (40 Views)