Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Nov 3, 2013
12:50:53 PM
View profile
It is normal to not have ethernet connected to HD-DVR?

HR24-500 HD DVR

Just checking:  Is it normal for there to be no ethernet cable connected to the back of the HD DVR?

HR24-500 HD DVR

Just checking:  Is it normal for there to be no ethernet cable connected to the back of the HD DVR?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 3, 2013 1:02:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, that's normal.   DirecTV's Whole Home DVR services and internet downloads typically use a Cinema Connection Kit, not the DVR's ethernet port.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

It is normal to not have ethernet connected to HD-DVR?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 3, 2013 1:02:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, that's normal.   DirecTV's Whole Home DVR services and internet downloads typically use a Cinema Connection Kit, not the DVR's ethernet port.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: It is normal to not have ethernet connected to HD-DVR?

2 of 5 (5 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 6:48:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thank you

Thank you

3 of 5 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 11:26:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You're welcome.  Enjoy!

Please mark the post with the "Correct Answer" if you would be so kind. Thanks.

You're welcome.  Enjoy!

Please mark the post with the "Correct Answer" if you would be so kind. Thanks.

4 of 5 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 11:39:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

Happy to mark it Correct Answer.  I still don't like this Jive interface at all.  I have no idea where to go when I log in to see my items. I go to the notifications number and it shows me responses I've received in m inbox, but looking at it there there's no ability to do the marking.  The whole Jive thing is just too feature-laden and confusing. Very hard to navigate.  They should go back to a more standard Forums interface that works.  No one is using all these cute features.  If you look at the number of people "following" each forum it's very low, just to add some numbers to it.  Where's that forum about the forums again?

Happy to mark it Correct Answer.  I still don't like this Jive interface at all.  I have no idea where to go when I log in to see my items. I go to the notifications number and it shows me responses I've received in m inbox, but looking at it there there's no ability to do the marking.  The whole Jive thing is just too feature-laden and confusing. Very hard to navigate.  They should go back to a more standard Forums interface that works.  No one is using all these cute features.  If you look at the number of people "following" each forum it's very low, just to add some numbers to it.  Where's that forum about the forums again?

5 of 5 (5 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments