Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 31, 2014
12:22:17 PM
View profile
Issue Linking DTV account with MLB TV

Has anyone else gotten an eero message when they try to link their DTV account with MLB TV? MLB TV is included with Extra Innings this year. I tried to create an MLB account, didnt get any confirmation so I try to create it again and it there was a duplicate violation so I just tried to login and it says invalid credentials.  Round and round I go...

Has anyone else gotten an eero message when they try to link their DTV account with MLB TV? MLB TV is included with Extra Innings this year. I tried to create an MLB account, didnt get any confirmation so I try to create it again and it there was a duplicate violation so I just tried to login and it says invalid credentials.  Round and round I go...

Issue Linking DTV account with MLB TV

12 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 1:12:06 PM
(0)
Administrator

I didn't have any problem yesturday linking my account, but I did have a few people call in today with the same problem. Hopefully it's just an error with the website, since the link just became available to authorize.

I didn't have any problem yesturday linking my account, but I did have a few people call in today with the same problem. Hopefully it's just an error with the website, since the link just became available to authorize.

Re: Issue Linking DTV account with MLB TV

2 of 13 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 8:44:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

When I click the link that should allow me to authenticate my subscription, I do not see any thing that will allow me to select Direct TV as my provider. It says please select your provider below, but there is nothing below. Can anyone help me with this?

When I click the link that should allow me to authenticate my subscription, I do not see any thing that will allow me to select Direct TV as my provider. It says please select your provider below, but there is nothing below. Can anyone help me with this?

3 of 13 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 8:49:17 AM
(0)
Expert

Learn how to activate your account with MLB.TV

New for 2014 and included in your MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription at no extra charge, MLB.TV. For the first time ever, you can now watch LIVE baseball on every mobile device.  Get almost 100 out-of-market games per week with 99% in HD. For a full list of supported devices please visit http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/devices.jsp.

To authenticate your MLB.TV Premium account, follow these steps:
  1. Click https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/
  2. Select DIRECTV as your provider
  3. Login using your DIRECTV credentials
  4. Link your provider credentials with a new or existing MLB.com account
Start enjoying MLB EXTRA INNINGS and MLB.TV!

Learn how to activate your account with MLB.TV

New for 2014 and included in your MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription at no extra charge, MLB.TV. For the first time ever, you can now watch LIVE baseball on every mobile device.  Get almost 100 out-of-market games per week with 99% in HD. For a full list of supported devices please visit http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/devices.jsp.

To authenticate your MLB.TV Premium account, follow these steps:
  1. Click https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/
  2. Select DIRECTV as your provider
  3. Login using your DIRECTV credentials
  4. Link your provider credentials with a new or existing MLB.com account
Start enjoying MLB EXTRA INNINGS and MLB.TV!

4 of 13 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 9:06:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

Does this not work with Firefox?
I was able to link it using IE, but when I go back to my MLB.com profile page on Firefox it still says I am not subscribed to MLB TV.

Thanks for the help

Does this not work with Firefox?
I was able to link it using IE, but when I go back to my MLB.com profile page on Firefox it still says I am not subscribed to MLB TV.

Thanks for the help

5 of 13 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 12:48:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am also having problems with this.

Getting the same:

Authorization service was not able to complete authorization at this time. Please contact your pay TV provider.

Had this problem off and on all season, sometimes it says this and the mlb.tv will work anyway.  But now it does not seem to be working.

I am also having problems with this.

Getting the same:

Authorization service was not able to complete authorization at this time. Please contact your pay TV provider.

Had this problem off and on all season, sometimes it says this and the mlb.tv will work anyway.  But now it does not seem to be working.

6 of 13 (924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2016 6:00:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

We are supposed to get MLB.TV access with our MLB Extra Innings subscription. When I attempt to get authorized at https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/ I'm rejected with the following message "Authorization service was not able to complete authorization at this time. Please contact your pay TV provider.".

I give them the same credentials that I use to log into my DirecTV account.

I have tried many times over the past week with no success. I have also attempted to get help from DirecTV chat on two occasions with no success.

How can I get MLB.TV authorized by DirecTV?

We are supposed to get MLB.TV access with our MLB Extra Innings subscription. When I attempt to get authorized at https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/ I'm rejected with the following message "Authorization service was not able to complete authorization at this time. Please contact your pay TV provider.".

I give them the same credentials that I use to log into my DirecTV account.

I have tried many times over the past week with no success. I have also attempted to get help from DirecTV chat on two occasions with no success.

How can I get MLB.TV authorized by DirecTV?

7 of 13 (906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2016 8:35:05 AM
(0)
Community Support

Morning everyone.

Try resettig your password for the DIRECTV login and trying again. This may resolve the trouble you are having.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTDIRECTVCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Morning everyone.

Try resettig your password for the DIRECTV login and trying again. This may resolve the trouble you are having.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTDIRECTVCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 13 (862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2016 12:43:00 PM
(0)

Resetting Directv password does not work, I have tried iPhone, iPad, and computer (Firefox and IE) and I continue to get the message 'Authorization service was not able to complete authorization at the time'. MLB Extra Innings 2016 shows purchased on the account. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Resetting Directv password does not work, I have tried iPhone, iPad, and computer (Firefox and IE) and I continue to get the message 'Authorization service was not able to complete authorization at the time'. MLB Extra Innings 2016 shows purchased on the account. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

9 of 13 (836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2016 2:29:16 PM
(0)
Employee

Since the MLB Extra Innings only works during the season, would this possibly cause an issue with registration??

Since the MLB Extra Innings only works during the season, would this possibly cause an issue with registration??

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 13 (817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 29, 2016 1:03:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

I just had a Twitter chat with @directvservice and was informed activation of mlb.tv only occurs during the Regular season, spring training games are not included.  my suggestion would be to just buy MLB.tv for one month at $25 then cancel when extra innings kicks in..

I just had a Twitter chat with @directvservice and was informed activation of mlb.tv only occurs during the Regular season, spring training games are not included.  my suggestion would be to just buy MLB.tv for one month at $25 then cancel when extra innings kicks in..

11 of 13 (733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2016 12:54:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I spoke with MLB.com customer service last week and was told the link would be available during Spring Training, they were correct-Linked my Extra Innings and MLB.com accounts today, watching Spring Training baseball on MLB.TV on all devices today including AppleTV.

I spoke with MLB.com customer service last week and was told the link would be available during Spring Training, they were correct-Linked my Extra Innings and MLB.com accounts today, watching Spring Training baseball on MLB.TV on all devices today including AppleTV.

12 of 13 (495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2016 1:03:25 PM
(0)
Confirmed, I'm linked now!
Confirmed, I'm linked now!

13 of 13 (488 Views)
Advanced