Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 29, 2013
1:40:35 PM
View profile
Is there a way to reduce the size of a channels screen icon.

I recently upgraded my service to include a lot more channels. But, some of the channels have rather large and distracting icons on the lower right hand side of the screen. I also just bought a new plasma TV, and am concerned that these large icons might burn in permanently. The main offender is the Discover America channel. Any ideas?

I recently upgraded my service to include a lot more channels. But, some of the channels have rather large and distracting icons on the lower right hand side of the screen. I also just bought a new plasma TV, and am concerned that these large icons might burn in permanently. The main offender is the Discover America channel. Any ideas?

Is there a way to reduce the size of a channels screen icon.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 3:10:45 PM
(0)
Professor

The channels put them there not DTV and there is no way to control them all you can do is email them to voice you concerns.

The channels put them there not DTV and there is no way to control them all you can do is email them to voice you concerns.

Re: Is there a way to reduce the size of a channels screen icon.

2 of 5 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 5:14:23 PM
(0)
Employee

Welcome to "forced advertising"  this annoying icons are just the beginning.  no way to get rid of them short of calling the network and complain

Welcome to "forced advertising"  this annoying icons are just the beginning.  no way to get rid of them short of calling the network and complain

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 5:27:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well then, I guess I will just have to make it my mission to get the message across to these offenders that it is not OK to have any icons on the viewing area of my TV!

Well then, I guess I will just have to make it my mission to get the message across to these offenders that it is not OK to have any icons on the viewing area of my TV!

4 of 5 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 5:45:41 PM
(0)
Employee

Right on!  but note that you have an "up hill" battle

Right on!  but note that you have an "up hill" battle

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (2 Views)