Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Apr 17, 2014
12:12:55 PM
View profile
Is it worth upgrading to a Genie?

Currently, I have 2 HD DVRs. ( 2 TVs) Will be adding a 3rd eventually, but not all the TVs will be used at the same time.

So far I only see that you remove the recording conflicts.  Are there other advantages?

I just wanted to know if others have upgraded, or this is more for new customers.

Chris

Currently, I have 2 HD DVRs. ( 2 TVs) Will be adding a 3rd eventually, but not all the TVs will be used at the same time.

So far I only see that you remove the recording conflicts.  Are there other advantages?

I just wanted to know if others have upgraded, or this is more for new customers.

Chris

Is it worth upgrading to a Genie?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 12:17:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

of course is worth it

of course is worth it

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is it worth upgrading to a Genie?

2 of 3 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2014 7:52:52 AM
(0)
Professor

I would take the upgrade, but keep the two DVRs you have and add the Genie as a third device.  Keep in mind, if you upgrade and get rid of the DVRs, you lose all recordings that are on them. By keeping them you can do all new recording on the Genie and just watch recordings on the DVRs. When you've watched everything, then you can deactivate one if you want to.

I would take the upgrade, but keep the two DVRs you have and add the Genie as a third device.  Keep in mind, if you upgrade and get rid of the DVRs, you lose all recordings that are on them. By keeping them you can do all new recording on the Genie and just watch recordings on the DVRs. When you've watched everything, then you can deactivate one if you want to.

Re: Is it worth upgrading to a Genie?

3 of 3 (5 Views)