Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 3, 2014
11:23:21 AM
Is closed captioning not working today?

I've done everything and can't get it to work. Went to menu> settings > Display> Captioning, (it's on) and closed captioning won't work not matter what program is on. Also tried it through the on screen info screen scrolling over to CC and closed captioning is on so what else can I do?

I've done everything and can't get it to work. Went to menu> settings > Display> Captioning, (it's on) and closed captioning won't work not matter what program is on. Also tried it through the on screen info screen scrolling over to CC and closed captioning is on so what else can I do?

Is closed captioning not working today?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 12:20:19 PM
(0)
Administrator

It helps to know what market, the channel, what time, how the box is connected to the TV, what model of DirecTV box, what model & manufacturer of TV.

It helps to know what market, the channel, what time, how the box is connected to the TV, what model of DirecTV box, what model & manufacturer of TV.

Re: Is closed captioning not working today?

2 of 6 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 12:28:43 PM
(0)
Expert

Closed Captioning on SD boxes is handled by the TV, and on HD boxes by the Directv box, so it's essential we know the model numbers as Broe23 posted.

Closed Captioning on SD boxes is handled by the TV, and on HD boxes by the Directv box, so it's essential we know the model numbers as Broe23 posted.

3 of 6 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 1:04:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 3:43:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

it has been working, I don't understand what changed.

it has been working, I don't understand what changed.

5 of 6 (30 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 4:09:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

The equipment (box) is an HR34-700. It's not working on any channels today.

But it was working - at this point tv is worthless without captioning unless I turn the volume up really loud. Causing everyone in the house to come rushing to ask me to turn it down lol

I'm trying the reset and see if that helps

The equipment (box) is an HR34-700. It's not working on any channels today.

But it was working - at this point tv is worthless without captioning unless I turn the volume up really loud. Causing everyone in the house to come rushing to ask me to turn it down lol

I'm trying the reset and see if that helps

6 of 6 (30 Views)