Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 10, 2014
1:20:06 PM
View profile
Internet speed and playback issues

I have been having playback issues. I got an error message saying my internet is too slow, so I went for the highest speed but still having problems with playback.

I have been having playback issues. I got an error message saying my internet is too slow, so I went for the highest speed but still having problems with playback.

Internet speed and playback issues

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 1:50:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What is your internet download speed?

What model DVR do you have?

How is the DVR connected to your home network for internet access?

What is your internet download speed?

What model DVR do you have?

How is the DVR connected to your home network for internet access?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Internet speed and playback issues

2 of 4 (205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2016 12:35:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the exact issue as well. It's been two years since this initial post above so apparently DirecTv hasn't solved the issue. I never had this happen with U-Verse tv service, but we just had Direct installed on Thursday and this message has come up at least ten times. In three days!  I would say four days but the first indication of trouble to come was on the actual installation day when the technician couldn't complete the install due to Direct's own system being down.  They left for a couple of hours to do another house and called later to let me know the system was still down. So even though we are night owls who work seconds, we had to be up at 8am the next morning so they could complete the installation. I told my husband I hoped that wasn't a sign of things to come...oh, how painfully right I was it appears!  

I have the highest residential speed ATT offers, I believe.  The turbo max one, so I don't understand how that can be the issue. We don't have problems streaming on our computers, even when all three of us have devices going. My daughter and I can be watching movies on our laptops and my husband watching YouTube on his tablet all at once with no problems so this makes no sense!

I'm having the exact issue as well. It's been two years since this initial post above so apparently DirecTv hasn't solved the issue. I never had this happen with U-Verse tv service, but we just had Direct installed on Thursday and this message has come up at least ten times. In three days!  I would say four days but the first indication of trouble to come was on the actual installation day when the technician couldn't complete the install due to Direct's own system being down.  They left for a couple of hours to do another house and called later to let me know the system was still down. So even though we are night owls who work seconds, we had to be up at 8am the next morning so they could complete the installation. I told my husband I hoped that wasn't a sign of things to come...oh, how painfully right I was it appears!  

I have the highest residential speed ATT offers, I believe.  The turbo max one, so I don't understand how that can be the issue. We don't have problems streaming on our computers, even when all three of us have devices going. My daughter and I can be watching movies on our laptops and my husband watching YouTube on his tablet all at once with no problems so this makes no sense!

3 of 4 (160 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2016 4:20:31 PM
(1)
Scholar
Edited by mreg376 on May 30, 2016 at 4:21:24 PM

Don't waste your time responding to the "expert"'s questions.  This is a chronic DirecTV problem.  I have a 345Mbs download connection and still got these "slow Internet" warnings.  Hasn't happened for a while, but it always comes back.

Don't waste your time responding to the "expert"'s questions.  This is a chronic DirecTV problem.  I have a 345Mbs download connection and still got these "slow Internet" warnings.  Hasn't happened for a while, but it always comes back.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (133 Views)