Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 7, 2014
12:40:00 PM
Incomplete recording stops before time alloted

Twice I have now had programs scheduled to record for 1:10 stop at 1:05 missing, in both cases, the crucial last scene.  It is irritating to say the least, especially when someone else had the same complaint on this site but it is Locked so I have no chance to view the response.

Twice I have now had programs scheduled to record for 1:10 stop at 1:05 missing, in both cases, the crucial last scene.  It is irritating to say the least, especially when someone else had the same complaint on this site but it is Locked so I have no chance to view the response.

Incomplete recording stops before time alloted

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 3:53:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Are they on FX? it's a commonly reported problem, due to some weird guid e data problem. I have padded all my FX series links by 30 minutes to make sure I get them.

Are they on FX? it's a commonly reported problem, due to some weird guid e data problem. I have padded all my FX series links by 30 minutes to make sure I get them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Incomplete recording stops before time alloted

2 of 5 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2014 7:27:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

One was on A&EHD, the other was WGNHD.  As I said, the frustrating part of it is the length of the show recorded bar read 1:10 which was the length of the show in the guide, but both stopped at about 1:05 leaving the crucial last 5 minutes unviewable.

One was on A&EHD, the other was WGNHD.  As I said, the frustrating part of it is the length of the show recorded bar read 1:10 which was the length of the show in the guide, but both stopped at about 1:05 leaving the crucial last 5 minutes unviewable.

3 of 5 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2014 9:54:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Not seen the problem on any channel except FX but maybe it's the same issue.

Not seen the problem on any channel except FX but maybe it's the same issue.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2014 12:36:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Evidently not solvable by DirecTV.  You have to change the recording stop times. 

Evidently not solvable by DirecTV.  You have to change the recording stop times. 

5 of 5 (13 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments