Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 13, 2013
8:11:02 AM
IR/RF extender

I want to relocate my genie HD DVR to a closet but I don't know what type/kind of extender to control the Genie with. help?

I want to relocate my genie HD DVR to a closet but I don't know what type/kind of extender to control the Genie with. help?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 13, 2013 2:18:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, the HR44 plus the RC71 are RF capable.  so you dont need any extenders or what not.  just set up the remote for RF

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

IR/RF extender

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 8:25:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What is the model number of your genie?

What is the model number of your remote control?

You can find the model number of your remote control on the top left corner of The Remote

What is the model number of your genie?

What is the model number of your remote control?

You can find the model number of your remote control on the top left corner of The Remote

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: IR/RF extender

2 of 7 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 2:12:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

The Genie model is H44-500 ant the remote is RC71 I also still have my old style remote model RC65x but I prefer not to use that one if possible.

The Genie model is H44-500 ant the remote is RC71 I also still have my old style remote model RC65x but I prefer not to use that one if possible.

3 of 7 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 13, 2013 2:18:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, the HR44 plus the RC71 are RF capable.  so you dont need any extenders or what not.  just set up the remote for RF

4 of 7 (177 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 2:21:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

ok thanks that helps

ok thanks that helps

5 of 7 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 2:24:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You are welcome

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as "correct". Thanks!

You are welcome

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as "correct". Thanks!

6 of 7 (177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 3:00:06 PM
(0)
Administrator

There is also the website http://www.waltzremote.com which will allow you to use a mobile device, computer or notebook, to control LAN connected DirecTV receivers & DVR's.  Also the DirecTV or BuddyTV apps for iOS or Android devices.

There is also the website http://www.waltzremote.com which will allow you to use a mobile device, computer or notebook, to control LAN connected DirecTV receivers & DVR's.  Also the DirecTV or BuddyTV apps for iOS or Android devices.

7 of 7 (177 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments