Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 29, 2014
4:11:37 PM
View profile
INTERMITTENT Data packet error when trying to play a DVR recording in a different room

I have had service for about 3 years.  All of a sudden, one of my HD receivers intermittently gets data packet errors and will not play back any recording.  Resetting the receiver does nothing.  Turning it of and on does nothing.  However, I can try to play the same recording on a different day and it works fine.  I have another receiver that never has this issue.  DirectTV support says they haven't heard of that and won't exchange the receiver until they troubleshoot it while it is happinging.  Has anyone had this intermittent problem and if so, what fixed it?

I have had service for about 3 years.  All of a sudden, one of my HD receivers intermittently gets data packet errors and will not play back any recording.  Resetting the receiver does nothing.  Turning it of and on does nothing.  However, I can try to play the same recording on a different day and it works fine.  I have another receiver that never has this issue.  DirectTV support says they haven't heard of that and won't exchange the receiver until they troubleshoot it while it is happinging.  Has anyone had this intermittent problem and if so, what fixed it?

INTERMITTENT Data packet error when trying to play a DVR recording in a different room

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2014 5:31:26 PM
(0)
Professor

What are the model numbers of all receivers and are they SWM connected?

What are the model numbers of all receivers and are they SWM connected?

Re: INTERMITTENT Data packet error when trying to play a DVR recording in a different room

2 of 4 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2014 5:31:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try swapping this "bad" Receiver with one of your good Receivers.  If the problem stays with the "bad" Receiver, you can be pretty sure it's defective.  If the problem stays in its room, then something might be wrong with the satellite coax cable feeding that room. .  Let us know what you find.

Try swapping this "bad" Receiver with one of your good Receivers.  If the problem stays with the "bad" Receiver, you can be pretty sure it's defective.  If the problem stays in its room, then something might be wrong with the satellite coax cable feeding that room. .  Let us know what you find.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: INTERMITTENT Data packet error when trying to play a DVR recording in a different room

3 of 4 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2014 6:19:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

My Receivers

HD-DVR

Model: HR24-200

Model: H25-500

The master bedroom receiver is the one with the problem

My Receivers

HD-DVR

Model: HR24-200

The master bedroom receiver is the one with the problem

4 of 4 (2 Views)