Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Dec 26, 2013
2:09:15 PM
View profile
How to connect Directv Cinema wirelessly to the internet?

My configuration:

HD DVR receiver HR24/100

Cinema Connection Kit (CCK.... DECA Broadband Adapter) THIS IS NOT A CCK-W

Wireless Netgear Router (WNR 2000)

BEC Modem

The DSL internet service is working good.

Connecting the CCK to the router via an ethernet cable is not an option due to the proximity of the router.

I'm unable to get wireless internet connection to the DirecTV so that I can watch DirecTV Cinema movies.

I feel like I've explored the Help Center and cannot find an answer that addresses my particular issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

My configuration:

HD DVR receiver HR24/100

Cinema Connection Kit (CCK.... DECA Broadband Adapter) THIS IS NOT A CCK-W

Wireless Netgear Router (WNR 2000)

BEC Modem

The DSL internet service is working good.

Connecting the CCK to the router via an ethernet cable is not an option due to the proximity of the router.

I'm unable to get wireless internet connection to the DirecTV so that I can watch DirecTV Cinema movies.

I feel like I've explored the Help Center and cannot find an answer that addresses my particular issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

How to connect Directv Cinema wirelessly to the internet?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 2:16:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Do you have other HD DVRs?  Are you using Whole Home DVR sharing? 

If not, you'll need a Wireless CCK or Wireless Ethernet Bridge/Gaming Adapter to connect that HR24 to your home WiFi network.

Do you have other HD DVRs?  Are you using Whole Home DVR sharing? 

If not, you'll need a Wireless CCK or Wireless Ethernet Bridge/Gaming Adapter to connect that HR24 to your home WiFi network.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to connect Directv Cinema wirelessly to the internet?

2 of 5 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 4:32:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

No, only 1 HD DVR and no Whole Home DVR sharing.  Thank you for your assistance.  It would have been nice if Directv technical support knew this answer.  I was on the phone with them for over an hour, restoring factory defaults, looking at our settings, shutting down, rebooting.  I even called back hoping a new technical support person could assist me.  Both of them insisted that my CCK could be connected wirelessly to the internet and that I did not need a CCK-W.  Finally, their answer was to pay for a service call.

Thank you for your assistance.

No, only 1 HD DVR and no Whole Home DVR sharing.  Thank you for your assistance.  It would have been nice if Directv technical support knew this answer.  I was on the phone with them for over an hour, restoring factory defaults, looking at our settings, shutting down, rebooting.  I even called back hoping a new technical support person could assist me.  Both of them insisted that my CCK could be connected wirelessly to the internet and that I did not need a CCK-W.  Finally, their answer was to pay for a service call.

Thank you for your assistance.

3 of 5 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 5:02:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Correct, the HR24 does not have wireless built in

Correct, the HR24 does not have wireless built in

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2013 3:19:37 AM
(0)
Expert

You might have better luck if you used the proper nomenclature for the networking adapters.  The hard wired model that you have is a DECA BB adapter, it is not a CCK.  The Wi-Fi model is a CCK-W.  Referring to the adapter you have as a CCK may be the reason folks keep insisting you can connect wirelessly.

You might have better luck if you used the proper nomenclature for the networking adapters.  The hard wired model that you have is a DECA BB adapter, it is not a CCK.  The Wi-Fi model is a CCK-W.  Referring to the adapter you have as a CCK may be the reason folks keep insisting you can connect wirelessly.

5 of 5 (49 Views)