Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 16, 2013
7:58:06 AM
How do I delete manual autotunes

I have an H24 receiver.

Once I set up a manual autotune for a certain program I can not see a way to delete this at the end of a season. How do I delete a manual autotune?

I have an H24 receiver.

Once I set up a manual autotune for a certain program I can not see a way to delete this at the end of a season. How do I delete a manual autotune?

How do I delete manual autotunes

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 9:31:48 AM
(0)
Expert

Locate the desired Autotune in the list and highlight it then press the red button on the remote.

Locate the desired Autotune in the list and highlight it then press the red button on the remote.

Re: How do I delete manual autotunes

2 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 3:01:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I dont have an HAD rceiver to give the exact steps, but you need to go to the playlist manager to delete the Autotune

I dont have an HAD rceiver to give the exact steps, but you need to go to the playlist manager to delete the Autotune

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 6:13:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

Doing that deletes that day's autotune but does not delete the series. The next week the same autotune reappears.

Doing that deletes that day's autotune but does not delete the series. The next week the same autotune reappears.

4 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 6:14:29 PM
(0)
Teacher

Receivers with autotune do not have a playlist. Autotune just changes to that channel a a particular time.

Receivers with autotune do not have a playlist. Autotune just changes to that channel a a particular time.

5 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 7:09:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Right you are looking a the To-Do list.

Right you are looking a the To-Do list.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 7:10:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Correct, as I said, I do not have an HD receiver so I dont remember the exact words, but is something with "manager".  Perhaps auto-tune manager

Correct, as I said, I do not have an HD receiver so I dont remember the exact words, but is something with "manager".  Perhaps auto-tune manager

7 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 4:27:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

I finally broke down and called Directv for an answer to this and was told that there is no way to cancel reoccurring manual auto-tunes after you set them. So if you use this feature to set up an auto-tune for a whole season of a show you will have to delete the auto-tune each week when it shows up again and again. The only way to avoid this is to set the individual auto-tune each week for each show which rather defeats the purpose of being able to set reoccurring auto-tunes. There is no auto-tune manager.

I finally broke down and called Directv for an answer to this and was told that there is no way to cancel reoccurring manual auto-tunes after you set them. So if you use this feature to set up an auto-tune for a whole season of a show you will have to delete the auto-tune each week when it shows up again and again. The only way to avoid this is to set the individual auto-tune each week for each show which rather defeats the purpose of being able to set reoccurring auto-tunes. There is no auto-tune manager.

8 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 4:57:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Well,  they gave you bogus information

Well,  they gave you bogus information

9 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 4:10:06 PM
(0)
Expert

I don't have a HD receiver either, but try this.  Put to play one of the programs you wish to delete the Autotune on and press info, the select on the more info button.  There should be a menu on the left with a edit location for the Autotune setup, in that menu I'd wager there will be a cancel Autotune option.

I don't have a HD receiver either, but try this.  Put to play one of the programs you wish to delete the Autotune on and press info, the select on the more info button.  There should be a menu on the left with a edit location for the Autotune setup, in that menu I'd wager there will be a cancel Autotune option.

10 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 9:21:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

Using the DirecTV remote, press:

Menu

Extras

Manage AutoTunes

To Do List

Locate the Manual AutoTune you wish to delete. Do NOT use the red cancel AutoTune button. Highlight it and press the SELECT button.  Highlight Autotune and press SELECT.  The recurring manual AutoTune will appear with all of the details.  Select Cancel AutoTune.

Good Luck!!

Using the DirecTV remote, press:

Menu

Extras

Manage AutoTunes

To Do List

Locate the Manual AutoTune you wish to delete. Do NOT use the red cancel AutoTune button. Highlight it and press the SELECT button.  Highlight Autotune and press SELECT.  The recurring manual AutoTune will appear with all of the details.  Select Cancel AutoTune.

Good Luck!!

11 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 6:40:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks, I have tried this and will now have to wait til the next time the program should come up to see if it works. After I clicked on cancel it said that I had cancelled this showing so I am not sure if it cancelled just the one time or the whole series. I will post as soon as I know. Thanks for the help.

Thanks, I have tried this and will now have to wait til the next time the program should come up to see if it works. After I clicked on cancel it said that I had cancelled this showing so I am not sure if it cancelled just the one time or the whole series. I will post as soon as I know. Thanks for the help.

12 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 12:23:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

graphicfunn wrote:

I have an HD receiver without the autotune feature.  I found a situation where I needed one and created a recurring one-minute manual recording to create a buffer on the desired channel.  It works.

Now all I need is a way to expire or limit the number of manual recording episodes so I don't have to delete it every weekday morning!  That feature doesn't appear to exist on my HR24/500.

graphicfunn wrote:

I have an HD receiver without the autotune feature.  I found a situation where I needed one and created a recurring one-minute manual recording to create a buffer on the desired channel.  It works.

Now all I need is a way to expire or limit the number of manual recording episodes so I don't have to delete it every weekday morning!  That feature doesn't appear to exist on my HR24/500.

13 of 14 (29 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 6:20:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Right.  DVRs don't have Autotune.  Nice workaround!

Right.  DVRs don't have Autotune.  Nice workaround!

14 of 14 (29 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments