Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 8, 2014
1:56:47 PM
View profile
How can I stop automated DVR dialups during day

My TiVo DVR keeps doing automated dialing during daytime hours, thereby rendering my home phone unusable. I've missed several calls because of it. Is there any way to stop the dialups during daytime hours?

My TiVo DVR keeps doing automated dialing during daytime hours, thereby rendering my home phone unusable. I've missed several calls because of it. Is there any way to stop the dialups during daytime hours?

How can I stop automated DVR dialups during day

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 2:48:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

is this the new HD TiVO?

all you can do is disconnect the phone line

is this the new HD TiVO?

all you can do is disconnect the phone line

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can I stop automated DVR dialups during day

2 of 3 (15 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 4:47:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Your Tivo should never grab the phone line exclusively.  It should give it up if you're using any of your phones.  Try resetting the THR22 using the red button behind the front panel access card door. 

What sort of phone service do you have?

Your Tivo should never grab the phone line exclusively.  It should give it up if you're using any of your phones.  Try resetting the THR22 using the red button behind the front panel access card door. 

What sort of phone service do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can I stop automated DVR dialups during day

3 of 3 (15 Views)