Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 1, 2014
2:09:41 PM
Have 2 HD DVRs. When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will. Ideas?

Have 2 HD DVRs.  When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will.  Ideas?

Have 2 HD DVRs.  When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will.  Ideas?

Have 2 HD DVRs. When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will. Ideas?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 2:41:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

how are these DVRs connected to the internet?

how are these DVRs connected to the internet?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Have 2 HD DVRs.  When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will.  Ideas?

2 of 7 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 4:09:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

Both are connected through my home network.  DirecTV is sending a technician to look at something called a swim connection (??). Just watched an episode of PTI on the TV that has been working fine.  It was recorded on the DVR that has been a problem.  The playback worked fine.  Go figure.

Both are connected through my home network.  DirecTV is sending a technician to look at something called a swim connection (??). Just watched an episode of PTI on the TV that has been working fine.  It was recorded on the DVR that has been a problem.  The playback worked fine.  Go figure.

Re: Have 2 HD DVRs.  When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will.  Ideas?

3 of 7 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 4:14:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model numbers are your DVRs?  How exactly are they connected to your home network?

What model numbers are your DVRs?  How exactly are they connected to your home network?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Have 2 HD DVRs. When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will. Ideas?

4 of 7 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2014 4:51:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

The DVRs are HR 24-200 (apparently malfunctioning) and HR 24-100 (seemingly working fine).

They're connected to the home network wirelessly.  (I may be answering this question inaccurately.)  A couple of years ago, a reputable and long-standing audio-video company installed all my equipment hidden in closets.  Have been working seamlessly until these playback problems started occurring a few weeks ago.  I watch things like Netflix through the wireless home network.

The DVRs are HR 24-200 (apparently malfunctioning) and HR 24-100 (seemingly working fine).

They're connected to the home network wirelessly.  (I may be answering this question inaccurately.)  A couple of years ago, a reputable and long-standing audio-video company installed all my equipment hidden in closets.  Have been working seamlessly until these playback problems started occurring a few weeks ago.  I watch things like Netflix through the wireless home network.

Re: Have 2 HD DVRs. When I record the same program on each, the playback on one is fine, but on the other it continually stalls (pauses) and starts at will. Ideas?

5 of 7 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2014 1:45:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

Had a DirecTV tech. visit.  He determined the HD DVR was defective.  Received a new one and all is well!

Had a DirecTV tech. visit.  He determined the HD DVR was defective.  Received a new one and all is well!

6 of 7 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2014 2:08:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Good to hear. Thanks for the update!

Good to hear. Thanks for the update!

7 of 7 (2 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments