Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 18, 2013
7:13:07 AM
View profile
HR34 Will not connect to internet

I recently had to replace my box due to the HDMI port not working. It was connected to the internet via Ethernet and worked just fine.

I connected the replacement box the same exact way but get no internet. I have tried different cables, reset to defaults, reset the box, all to no effect. I even tried unhooking the the Ethernet cable and using a Broadband Deca instead, which included resetting the device and everything.

I can reset my router and modem until i am blue and still nothing.

I have a PS3 and TV connected to the same router that access the internet no problem.

If i press the - on the controller it states never connected. In the settings it mentions something about coax.

I do not have the exact words other than what i have described as i am not home currently. I'm just frustrated and would hate to have to replace the box again and lose more recordings, lists etc.

Thanks for listening.

I recently had to replace my box due to the HDMI port not working. It was connected to the internet via Ethernet and worked just fine.

I connected the replacement box the same exact way but get no internet. I have tried different cables, reset to defaults, reset the box, all to no effect. I even tried unhooking the the Ethernet cable and using a Broadband Deca instead, which included resetting the device and everything.

I can reset my router and modem until i am blue and still nothing.

I have a PS3 and TV connected to the same router that access the internet no problem.

If i press the - on the controller it states never connected. In the settings it mentions something about coax.

I do not have the exact words other than what i have described as i am not home currently. I'm just frustrated and would hate to have to replace the box again and lose more recordings, lists etc.

Thanks for listening.

HR34 Will not connect to internet

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 9:28:22 AM
(0)
Employee

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HR34 Will not connect to internet

2 of 5 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 10:46:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Genie HD DVR Model: HR34-700

Genie HD DVR Model: HR34-700

3 of 5 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 12:26:17 PM
(0)
Employee

tell us more about your network configuration

tell us more about your network configuration

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 12:50:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have Cox internet which goes into the modem. Ethernet goes to the Netgear router. From there i have Ethernet going to PS3, TV, PC, and DTV.

Only thing that changed was the HR34 had to be replaced. It will not see Internet at all.

I have Cox internet which goes into the modem. Ethernet goes to the Netgear router. From there i have Ethernet going to PS3, TV, PC, and DTV.

Only thing that changed was the HR34 had to be replaced. It will not see Internet at all.

5 of 5 (5 Views)