Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 28, 2013
12:46:17 PM
View profile
HR23-700 & HDMi

So, we decided to add another shelf to our component cabinet, and now, our HR23-700, isn't showing up, through our Denon 1913 AVR. I've even put it into other HDMi slots that are working with other components, but still not showing up. I've also connected directly to our HDTV, and that way it does show. I've even tried using coax and it showed up, but keeps telling us our cables are'nt HD. So, what do I need to do, fix this? :smileyconfused:

So, we decided to add another shelf to our component cabinet, and now, our HR23-700, isn't showing up, through our Denon 1913 AVR. I've even put it into other HDMi slots that are working with other components, but still not showing up. I've also connected directly to our HDTV, and that way it does show. I've even tried using coax and it showed up, but keeps telling us our cables are'nt HD. So, what do I need to do, fix this? :smileyconfused:

HR23-700 & HDMi

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 1:12:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sounds like a problem with a setting on your Denon AVR since the HR23 works fine when its HDMI OUT is connected directly to your HDTV.   Check out the Denon AVR Thread in the "AV Receiver Forum" at http://www.avsforum.com

Sounds like a problem with a setting on your Denon AVR since the HR23 works fine when its HDMI OUT is connected directly to your HDTV.   Check out the Denon AVR Thread in the "AV Receiver Forum" at http://www.avsforum.com

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HR23-700 & HDMi

2 of 9 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 2:07:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

Well, after working on this for over 3 plus hours, it came down to HDMi cables. I need a couple of new ones, but I have it all working again. But, still thanks for trying to help. :smileycool:

Well, after working on this for over 3 plus hours, it came down to HDMi cables. I need a couple of new ones, but I have it all working again. But, still thanks for trying to help. :smileycool:

3 of 9 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 2:30:24 PM
(0)
Expert

A bad HDMI cable can be perplexing because it gives no indication that it's bad.  I buy mine from the link.  They are really well priced and I've not had one fail.

HDMI Cables - Monoprice.com,Cables

A bad HDMI cable can be perplexing because it gives no indication that it's bad.  I buy mine from the link.  They are really well priced and I've not had one fail.

HDMI Cables - Monoprice.com,Cables

4 of 9 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 3:05:08 PM
(0)
Scholar

dcd, that's where these are from, and I too would think, that too, but two bad at the same time, and just about 6 months old. Oh,well. :smileycool:

dcd, that's where these are from, and I too would think, that too, but two bad at the same time, and just about 6 months old. Oh,well. :smileycool:

5 of 9 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 3:27:28 AM
(0)
Expert

Have you closely inspected the HDMI receptacle that these cables are plugging into?  I could imagine a scenario where the receptacle was damaging the cable.

Have you closely inspected the HDMI receptacle that these cables are plugging into?  I could imagine a scenario where the receptacle was damaging the cable.

6 of 9 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 7:28:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

dcd, yes, and nothing looked damaged, or any other issue. But, since, Monoprices cables are lifetime warranty, they are going to replace them both. :smileycool:

p.s. I just received a reply, about the RMA of these cables, and they said that, I need not return the defective parts. Now, that's what I call excellent service. Awesome!:smileycool:

dcd, yes, and nothing looked damaged, or any other issue. But, since, Monoprices cables are lifetime warranty, they are going to replace them both. :smileycool:

p.s. I just received a reply, about the RMA of these cables, and they said that, I need not return the defective parts. Now, that's what I call excellent service. Awesome!:smileycool:

7 of 9 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 4:52:22 AM
(0)
Expert

Excellent service indeed.  That certainly reinforces our statement that Monoprice is a reliable source for anyone's needs.

Excellent service indeed.  That certainly reinforces our statement that Monoprice is a reliable source for anyone's needs.

8 of 9 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 2:16:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

dcd, not only did they replace the cables, but, I received them, today, @ 10:30 am my time, and had everything back up and working great again. Not only would I recommend, but let others know, of the super quality, of their items. I'd say, if you don't buy from Monoprice, you are wasting money, on brand names that mostly you pay for their name. :smileycool:

dcd, not only did they replace the cables, but, I received them, today, @ 10:30 am my time, and had everything back up and working great again. Not only would I recommend, but let others know, of the super quality, of their items. I'd say, if you don't buy from Monoprice, you are wasting money, on brand names that mostly you pay for their name. :smileycool:

9 of 9 (117 Views)