Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 28, 2014
4:18:06 AM
View profile
HR20 DVR runs very hot then freezes.

My good old HR20 runs very hot to the point where it is uncomfortable to touch it.

Thinking it was airflow, I moved it to the top shelf of my entertainment rack where it can breath and receive airflow from all sides.

Every few days or so the unit freezes and won't to the remote or buttons on the front until power cycled.

Is the HR20 on its last days or is there something else that can be done keep the box operational for more than a few days?

My good old HR20 runs very hot to the point where it is uncomfortable to touch it.

Thinking it was airflow, I moved it to the top shelf of my entertainment rack where it can breath and receive airflow from all sides.

Every few days or so the unit freezes and won't to the remote or buttons on the front until power cycled.

Is the HR20 on its last days or is there something else that can be done keep the box operational for more than a few days?

HR20 DVR runs very hot then freezes.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 8:02:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Check the DVR's internal temperature .... Hold the remote's INFO button for several seconds until the System Information display appears.  Scroll down a bit to read the DVR's temperature.  What does it say?

Check the DVR's internal temperature .... Hold the remote's INFO button for several seconds until the System Information display appears.  Scroll down a bit to read the DVR's temperature.  What does it say?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HR20 DVR runs very hot then freezes.

2 of 2 (7 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments